• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Fuzzball's picture thread

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I wonder whether my A. Versicolor was just fasting for some reasons, because there doesn't seem to be any moult in her web. Strange... At least she's eating again and comes out a bit more:
NOneyYL.jpg

Kga9xRG.jpg

... and she's smeared poop all over her tank, yuck!

My baby Amazonica looking gorgeous. It's destroyed its web for some reason. All the better for me, I can see it more now, lol
fSdwKDt.jpg

RiCS2Lx.jpg

Again with the poop! Avics!!!

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My beautiful post-moult GBB (boy)
DaybMY1.jpg

eU2Hmlf.jpg

GBB needs to moult soon. I've not fed her for 3 weeks, yet she's bursting
NROMH3Y.jpg

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My beautiful post-moult GBB (boy)
DaybMY1.jpg

eU2Hmlf.jpg

GBB needs to moult soon. I've not fed her for 3 weeks, yet she's bursting
NROMH3Y.jpg
Give her one more feed. Read a post a while back that said sometimes that last feed seems to trigger them.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My beautiful G. Actaeon having a meal
9z5tDxd.jpg

C7TpvJZ.jpg

xMxmSXq.jpg

pd0icwj.jpg

She always does a very enthusiastic bum wriggle dance with her food

My LP looking more like a proper LP now. Where has my Pipsqueak gone lol?
bpi6LSe.jpg

B. Boehmei finally moulted
fFjz2UD.jpg

JtT7YSu.jpg

25pDWlL.jpg

Still looks like a girl
rcqUEzr.jpg

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Lovely Ts and fantastic photos. Looking awesome all of them. You are obviously taking really really good care of them all. Stunning ☺

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Rehoused my LP juvie the other day.
It was "fun" with the little bawbag kicking like a donkey. Luckily at just around 3" her hairs don't seem to affect me at all, but I think I'll need a hazmat suit and mask for when she moves into her adult tank in the future lol.
Let me out, so I can kill you!
aPet2g6.jpg

Come closer and I will dismantle you!
DrHfy6Y.jpg

Might aswell go exploring
9wfeACy.jpg

vGeJcXS.jpg

LtROPDj.jpg

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I think my larger one, Mole will last out until next moult where he is but then he'll definitely need a larger home as he's a good 7" now. My Pip is still smaller that Mole but hasn't moulted since last August.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Another lovely set of pictures. Love it that we all use discarded cricket tubs to catch and rehouse the T's. Just like cupping a house spider but on a much bigger scale.....☺
My genic does not fit in them anymore though so have to use a sandwich tub. Don't tell the kids though ha ha

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Another lovely set of pictures. Love it that we all use discarded cricket tubs to catch and rehouse the T's. Just like cupping a house spider but on a much bigger scale.....☺
My genic does not fit in them anymore though so have to use a sandwich tub. Don't tell the kids though ha ha
I'm not looking forward rehousing my Genic. She's in a plastic faunarium at the moment, but because I've got the spiders in the living room I'm moving them all into nicer glass tanks one by one. She's docile but I don't know how well she'll take to being moved lol.
For now I've got 3 in their permanent tanks (A. Versicolor (thank God, lol, cos she's a cow), T. Gigas (I'd prepared for a rehouse from hell due to reading things on the web, but she stayed inside her log during the whole process and my G. Rosea (who just sat and let it all happen without any fuss).
As I said, if my LP keeps her character up, her next rehouse will be a PITA, so will my GBB, because he flicks if I just open the tub to feed him lol.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'm not looking forward rehousing my Genic. She's in a plastic faunarium at the moment, but because I've got the spiders in the living room I'm moving them all into nicer glass tanks one by one. She's docile but I don't know how well she'll take to being moved lol.
For now I've got 3 in their permanent tanks (A. Versicolor (thank God, lol, cos she's a cow), T. Gigas (I'd prepared for a rehouse from hell due to reading things on the web, but she stayed inside her log during the whole process and my G. Rosea (who just sat and let it all happen without any fuss).
As I said, if my LP keeps her character up, her next rehouse will be a PITA, so will my GBB, because he flicks if I just open the tub to feed him lol.

I usually find the ones I'm expecting to be difficult are the ones that behave but the quiet one surprise you :rolleyes:

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
LP definitely settled in
Rt8xb8s.jpg

Beautiful G. Actaeon
4A5Ig9I.jpg

A sp Amazonica
gY2E9zD.jpg

I think there is an escape plot going on. I'm going to need a cooler and a miniature baseball
hFqrQey.jpg

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
2 rehouses today:
B. Boehmei into a bigger tank and A. sp. Amazonica into the Boehmei's old tank (arboreal tank you could turn on its side):
Xe65pBU.jpg

vXZeddf.jpg

SE0kJFr.jpg

uS5rZI5.jpg

a7Hm72R.jpg

o0vcLWb.jpg

tyf1S90.jpg

2x6bQUk.jpg

UGFWQWn.jpg

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
T. Gigas is hiding a lot at the moment. I think she'll molt soon (unless she wants to do what the Versi did and lay a dud egg sac lol)
exJhPVr.jpg

Another one due a molt, A. Geniculata. She's such an easy spider, eats, drinks, isn't too aggressive, doesn't hide, etc:
QCqB0xD.jpg

And no. 3 who should molt, she's now moved her web from one place to another and just sits in there all day.
Bl9DIwe.jpg

Don't forget to take a picture of me, too!
wUuAttE.jpg

I quite like this photo of my Rosea. I only noticed the mirror image when I went through the pictures
dCrqEwq.jpg

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
TP5fqs9.jpg

uur4yhF.jpg

BvuOfjE.jpg

Little one settled in nicely. I don't know if the expression "confident" could be used in regards to spiders' behaviour, but this Avic sling has never shown any issues with rehousing and settling in.

gRwLLDD.jpg

Still in premolt (she doesn't flick "hair" so doesn't have a bald patch to tell how far she is)
mFtTGgK.jpg

"OI YOU!! You haven't fed me today!"
CWKgPAR.jpg

An emergency rehouse. GBB boy seemed a bit under the weather recently, wouldn't eat just seemed not himself. Turned out there were (grain) mites in his tub :(, caught it in time before it spread further and he seems "happier" now. No mites found anywhere else.
sYSSHOn.jpg

bQsPLGB.jpg

Started webbing straight away (he'd not webbed neither for a while)
31lS1NE.jpg

Latest posts