• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Funny story (explains why my colbalt blue is weird)

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Spelling police....lol

I gave up on correcting people on spelling here for two reasons. First, my phone auto corrects after I hit send in this forum. So if I dont proof read it right away I can't correct it. Two, the administrator in this forum doesn't allow us to edit our content anymore. For years we could but because of a couple trolls we can't anymore. Makes sense to punish the good members here huh? The killer is the trolls are long gone never to be seen again.

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
This thread is awesome :D
Horned Baboon, my friend, you do not really look much older than 16 on your picture and there is nothing wrong with it, own it and enjoy your best years. I am 42 and still learning everyday, there is no shame to it and I would pay good money to be able to have once again the peace of mind/worries free life I had when I was your age (regardless if you are 15 or 17). The other half of our Ts collecting crew, my son Enzo, is 9 years old and knows more about Ts that a majority of people I've seen on this forum. Of course it is book knowledge as he read and learnt every single books we could get our hands on about spiders (including my old ones I brought from France) and as you can imagine he only takes care of a few of the 100+ Ts we now have, leaving the less chill ones to papa. All this to say that you are the age you are, with its advantage and inconvenient, embrace it as you'll be an old fart way sooner than you think :)
As my favorite author said: “Only the children know what they are looking for.”

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Spelling police....lol

I gave up on correcting people on spelling here for two reasons. First, my phone auto corrects after I hit send in this forum. So if I dont proof read it right away I can't correct it. Two, the administrator in this forum doesn't allow us to edit our content anymore. For years we could but because of a couple trolls we can't anymore. Makes sense to punish the good members here huh? The killer is the trolls are long gone never to be seen again.
I believe we are still able to edit our posts but only for a time frame of 45 minutes after posting.
Definitely not the spelling police here :) as I am French and came to the US at 20 by myself with very little English vocabulary to play with. It is more a game for me, especially as my Brooklyn wife has a very "Americanized" version of the English language and I love to risk my life on a daily base correcting her :p

ArachnoHorn

3 Year Member
This thread is awesome :D
Horned Baboon, my friend, you do not really look much older than 16 on your picture and there is nothing wrong with it, own it and enjoy your best years. I am 42 and still learning everyday, there is no shame to it and I would pay good money to be able to have once again the peace of mind/worries free life I had when I was your age (regardless if you are 15 or 17). The other half of our Ts collecting crew, my son Enzo, is 9 years old and knows more about Ts that a majority of people I've seen on this forum. Of course it is book knowledge as he read and learnt every single books we could get our hands on about spiders (including my old ones I brought from France) and as you can imagine he only takes care of a few of the 100+ Ts we now have, leaving the less chill ones to papa. All this to say that you are the age you are, with its advantage and inconvenient, embrace it as you'll be an old fart way sooner than you think :)
As my favorite author said: “Only the children know what they are looking for.”
I’m 20 And own T’s

Latest posts