• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Freaking out please help...

Mackaylinn

3 Year Member
Okay we bought a new bird eater yesterday and my boyfriend attempted to transfer it to the new terrarium we got for it. using a pair of long tongs he tried to get it out of the cup and it kinda freaked out. my boyfriend then freaked and he tossed the cup and the bird eater took off. I think it's under the bed now. what's the best way to catch this thing?
help is needed urgently.
Thanks.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
what kind f bird eater are we talking about?
Your best bet is to slowly move things out frome under the bed, and have someone near by with a catch cup.
when the spider is visable, put a deli cup over it, and slide the lid below.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Buy it from LLL?
Probably a Haplo, or Chilobrachys, which means they will bite. All you can do is go slow and hope you can get a cup over her.

John Frost

3 Year Member
It didn't have a big fall did it? That could suriously hurt it. And the only thing you can really do is what Kenny said. Just do what you'd have to do with hamsters (or any other pet)...move stuff till you find it.

Hope you find it safe and not hurt.

Mackaylinn

3 Year Member
It didn't fall from too high of a distance less than a foot maybe. and it was recaptured after about 20 or 25 minutes.
Here's a pic I was able to get afterwards.

Attachments

• Suchness.jpg
    Suchness.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 36

spiderengineer

3 Year Member
thats definitely a haplopelma could very well be a mature male. if he is not a mature male and still a juvie given its size it looks like you have him set up wrong. they are a fossorial, which mean they live in burrows so I would suggest you change the setup. If its a mature male then it won't matter because he won't burrow anymore.

Latest posts