• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

First tarantula

Jess Zimny

Howdy! My name is Jess, and I'm 18. I am here from Wichita Falls, TX, and a student at Texas A&M University. This is my first time owning a tarantula, it's a common pink toe, and it's name is Beatle! I have 3 Madagascar hissing ****roaches named Rango, John, and George as well. Paul will be coming soon. In addition, I have 1 ball python, 2 betta fish, 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 8 chickens. So I may not be new to taking care of animals, but the tarantula is an interesting addition! I'm not sure of it's age or sex, but I'm looking forward to my time with it <3 Thank you!

Attachments

• Snapchat-1989854026.jpg
    Snapchat-1989854026.jpg
    495.1 KB · Views: 21

Reptisect

3 Year Member
Hello there and welcome to the forum Jess! Im sure my brother will be quite pleased when I tell him about an animal keeper who named some of their animals after his favorite band in the whole world.

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Good morning Jess and welcome to the forum/family.
Many people on the forum will be more experienced with A. avicularia than I am but I would estimate by it's size that Beatle should be close to 6 months old. @octanejunkie , what do you think?

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Good morning Jess and welcome to the forum/family.
Many people on the forum will be more experienced with A. avicularia than I am but I would estimate by it's size that Beatle should be close to 6 months old. @octanejunkie , what do you think?
Maybe closer to a year, based on the tarsal leg sections

Here's a few pointers on keeping Avics, @Jess Zimny

Latest posts