• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

First molt question

ChazJ

3 Year Member
After my B. Smithi molted, I noticed she still has some..skin let on her abdomen from her first molt. I was wondering if this can pose any potential danger to her health at all, or if I should just let it stay if it'll fall off after she hardens.

Cobalt

3 Year Member
How long ago is it since she molted? A picture would be nice too.

This won't be any danger to your tarantula at all

Cobalt

3 Year Member
How big is the piece of skin? If it's big i guess it could cause problems because molt's usually attract mold.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Just leave it alone. If it's still attached in a week then you can try and remove it. But if it's only been 48 hours.. do nothing.

ChazJ

3 Year Member
I've been wanting to try & remove it, but I'm scared I might hurt her, & the fact she's a juvenile, idk if I can harm her attempting to do it since she seems to run away every time I open the tote & touch her w/ the tweezers I use to get her crickets to try & remove it.

Kurt Nelson

3 Year Member
Dont use tweezers, use a damp que tip and lightly brush at it. If it doesn't come off I'd leave it. You could always take a picture like cobalt said and let us see what it really looks like.

ChazJ

3 Year Member
Thank you for all your guys info! I was actually getting ready to take a picture of it a few days ago (I've been busy as of late) & she got it off herself somehow! I do appreciate all the tips incase it happens her next molt.

Latest posts