• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

First ever enclosure

Clownc0ffin

Hi everyone! I just ordered my first ever tarantula from Jamie's Tarantulas. I went to a local reptile/Tarantula shop and an owner who also owned the same Tarantula recommend a 20.5" x 10.5" x 8" enclosure. The T I'm getting is a 3" Arizona Blonde. I do need more dirt, the enclosure came in a package so I used what it had but I'm going to go get more. Is there anything I can add? I feel like it looks a bit empty. Or anything I should fix, thank you so much! I want to make sure she is healthy and comfortable and wanted to set everything up before she's here.

Attachments

• 20241015_192544.jpg
    20241015_192544.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 999
  • 20241015_192547.jpg
    20241015_192547.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 1,000
  • 20241015_192547.jpg
    20241015_192547.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 999
  • 20241015_192554.jpg
    20241015_192554.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 1,000

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
hello and welcome to the forum! nice work you've got a good start there
i'd probably add a minimum of 2x that much substrate. maybe even 3-4x as much. Make some cool hills or a mound on one side. Try adding a background - those help a lot and make it feel less bare.

Clownc0ffin

hello and welcome to the forum! nice work you've got a good start there
i'd probably add a minimum of 2x that much substrate. maybe even 3-4x as much. Make some cool hills or a mound on one side. Try adding a background - those help a lot and make it feel less bare.
Thank you so much I really appreciate your help and taking the time to respond! I'll be sure to apply all of those:)

Clownc0ffin

Press it down but other than that looks good!
Thank you both! My biggest issue is this has a mesh lid and when I went to the shop they insisted this was better so I got it and it I did more research and I regret it, is there any way I can just replace the lid itself or stop her from going there? I heard I can buy plexiglass and drill holes in it

siege

Tarantula Club Member
Thank you both! My biggest issue is this has a mesh lid and when I went to the shop they insisted this was better so I got it and it I did more research and I regret it, is there any way I can just replace the lid itself or stop her from going there? I heard I can buy plexiglass and drill holes in it
They make conversion kits to replace the lid. Spider shoppe carry’s some and you could probably find them on Amazon as well.

Latest posts