• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

First Baboon suggstions..

Dustin Amack

3 Year Member
I'm ready to challenge myself a bit more in the hobby and it's time for my first baboon T. I do already have other OW so that's not an issue. I am just wanting suggestions from others on a good starter baboon genus. I really love the look of OBT and Tom Moran's husbandry videos on H. pulchripes really makes me want one. What are your thoughts? Thanks in advance!

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm ready to challenge myself a bit more in the hobby and it's time for my first baboon T. I do already have other OW so that's not an issue. I am just wanting suggestions from others on a good starter baboon genus. I really love the look of OBT and Tom Moran's husbandry videos on H. pulchripes really makes me want one. What are your thoughts? Thanks in advance!
H. dictator (or other Harpactira Sp.)
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

E. pachypus
image.jpeg

M. balfouri
Ceratogyrus Sp.
I. mira

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
H pulchripes, but that may be a little pricey. The appearance even as a sling is very similar to the adult.

H pulchripes hybris molt 2-10-18 1.jpg

They are fairly straight forward to keep, typical terrestrial sling.

Here's the enclosure just after I finished building it but before I obtained the sling.

H pulchripes cage 3.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts