• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Finally saw my A. Versi out after molt

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
TBH, I cheated a bit by turning its tank around. He (or she) had been sitting out every morning, but every time I tried to look closer or take a photo would retreat back into his web.
Finally caught him out this morning, yay:
IMG_6869_zpsdzxvuxjo.jpg

IMG_6870_zpshyncka30.jpg

This was not long before the molt, what a change
IMG_6544_zps57b79ad6.jpg

pokie99

3 Year Member
Wow. Great T! Versicolors are very beautiful. What molt is she now (I mean the number)? I'm interested in what stage of their development they get their adult coloration. Hope it's a female.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Wow. Great T! Versicolors are very beautiful. What molt is she now (I mean the number)? I'm interested in what stage of their development they get their adult coloration. Hope it's a female.

I wish I could tell you. When I got him (her), he was about 1"+ DLS. I purposely bought a grown on sling, as I heard so much about their fragility as small ones. He's molted twice with me and is now about 3", so has grown quite a bit. After "first" molt you could just see a hint of red hairs on the legs and abdomen depending on how the light hit. Now it's a very obvious colour change.

Latest posts