• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Feed any insects?

Good afternoon fellas,
I was wondering, if I could feed my gbb just any insect. Like going down in the garden and just pick one happy fella who's going to end up in the terrarium.
I mean wild spiders just eat what they get too, don't they?

So in case there is something I have to be careful about… I'm from Austria and there are a lot Palomena prasina beetles. Can I feed my T these?

Can anyone help me?
Have a nice day : )

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yeah, well you got a point there.
Too bad but thanks anyway
Sorry...I've got lots of bugs in my yard too. Dont know what they have eaten so I dont chance it. Even crickets/roaches that have escaped in my house from feedings I dont use unless i catch them right away. I once found a rogue roach that escaped once. It had ran around my house for days. I tossed him in with one of my spiders after I caught it. My spider only partially ate it. Upon inspection removing its un eaten corpse the roach looked to have eaten some plastics. My spider was fine but my view on escaped feeders changed as well.

Latest posts