• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Favorite Tarantula YouTubers?

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
hey all!

I'm thinking about some new ways to reach new T owners and I was thinking about reaching out to some of the YouTubers out there to see if they might want to do cross-promote each other. Do any of you watch much tarantula or invertebrate stuff on YouTube? Who are the big names?
Besides just a boring link swap, what kinds of promos or contests would interest you guys? Giveaways? How can we grow and help the hobby?

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
hey all!

I'm thinking about some new ways to reach new T owners and I was thinking about reaching out to some of the YouTubers out there to see if they might want to do cross-promote each other. Do any of you watch much tarantula or invertebrate stuff on YouTube? Who are the big names?
Besides just a boring link swap, what kinds of promos or contests would interest you guys? Giveaways? How can we grow and help the hobby?
I used to watch tarantula youtube videos before I knew better. The only youtube channels relating to tarantulas and inverts in general that I watch are:

Tom Moran, who is already a member here I think.

Jon3800, who doesn’t post many videos nowadays, but his channel is probably one of the gist on the platform to focus on tarantula keeping.

Aquarimax pets is the lone invert in general channels that I find is very educational, especially if you have the desire to raise millipedes or isopods, among various other inverts.

There are more popular names out there, but I can’t recommend them as they tend to focus on entertainment and advertisement rather than the animals themselves, but maybe that’s just me.

It might be helpful to reach out to sellers such as fear not or Shanesspiders here in the US (both are members here I think, I know one is for sure).

If I were you, I wouldn’t decide on things like giveaways, promos, etc… until you’ve reached out to a few people.

You could even collaborate with the admins on arachnoboards to come up with something interesting.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Tom Moran,

In the past I have watched T youtube videos & personally the only one I found worth watching were Toms.

On the law of averages, there must be others out there worth watching, but personally I never found them.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
This channel seems pretty high quality and not very intense in terms of ads and gimmicks. :D

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
I used to watch tarantula youtube videos before I knew better. The only youtube channels relating to tarantulas and inverts in general that I watch are:

Tom Moran, who is already a member here I think.

Jon3800, who doesn’t post many videos nowadays, but his channel is probably one of the gist on the platform to focus on tarantula keeping.

Aquarimax pets is the lone invert in general channels that I find is very educational, especially if you have the desire to raise millipedes or isopods, among various other inverts.

There are more popular names out there, but I can’t recommend them as they tend to focus on entertainment and advertisement rather than the animals themselves, but maybe that’s just me.

It might be helpful to reach out to sellers such as fear not or Shanesspiders here in the US (both are members here I think, I know one is for sure).

If I were you, I wouldn’t decide on things like giveaways, promos, etc… until you’ve reached out to a few people.

You could even collaborate with the admins on arachnoboards to come up with something interesting.
I'll check out shane's thanks for the rec!

Jeef

3 Year Member
My go-to is Tom Moran with Tom's Bif Spiders. Dave's little Beasties is pretty good too.