• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Fan for air flow or Am I overthinking this?

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Never go full auto 26022019121649.jpg

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I had to use a fan to remove excess moisture in my C versicolor enclosure, bad info about humidity.

He sailed through with flying colors. He would actually move towards the airflow due to excess moisture.

Normally you don't need a fan, but I did notice that they get a good feeding response with a GENTLE breeze. I guess insects are more likely to fly around so it's worth feeding.

Tabitha

3 Year Member
I had to use a fan to remove excess moisture in my C versicolor enclosure, bad info about humidity.

He sailed through with flying colors. He would actually move towards the airflow due to excess moisture.

Normally you don't need a fan, but I did notice that they get a good feeding response with a GENTLE breeze. I guess insects are more likely to fly around so it's worth feeding.
Thank you so much for that info, that’s very interesting to hear about the added feeding response, I will try that, I did actually get a terra fan by lucky reptile, I think, one fan pushes air, one pulls air, they are just 6cm across, it’s an extremely low volume of air but it’s perfect, the cabinet is in the corner of a room and the doors are shut at night and there wasn’t any air flow as such so I worry a little less now, humidity doesn’t see a problem, or lack of it and as I say the air movement is slight but I hope just enough. It’s a very neat fan kit, and very quiet. So I’m hoping I’ll be o.k.
Thank you very much for your advice. I shall experiment!

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It's interesting to see how they respond to gentle stimulation. I've learned a lot about tarantulas by manipulating their environment. Being gentle and conservative is the secret to keep them safe.

Tabitha

3 Year Member
It's interesting to see how they respond to gentle stimulation. I've learned a lot about tarantulas by manipulating their environment. Being gentle and conservative is the secret to keep them safe.
I think those are wise and sensitive words! Thank you.
As a side note I have chameleons and I like to vary their environments within the safe parameters, just so it’s not static, so they can experience more natural differences, one has an outdoor enclosure, it’s wonderful to see him in the natural breeze and sun, you can see he benefits.