• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

EXCITEMENT

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I haven't got my new guy/gal just yet but shipping this week sometime so I expect tomorrow or Friday arrival. Possibly Saturday but that would be unusual. I can't wait esp cause I placed my order April 8th!
Do you have any hair left? ;) that's a long time to wait, i'd have pulled all my hair out if i had to wait that long.

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
Update: So unfortunately some life crap happened to my seller (he was good about communicatiing though!) and then work took him out of state unexpectedly the week he was gonna ship so two days ago I got told it was shipped and it will be here Friday!

FINALLY. Ugh. Pictures as soon as I can, promise!

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
GUYS! Doralado is here!!!!!!
20160701_181249.jpg
20160701_181432.jpg
20160701_181440.jpg
I felt so bad unpacking him cause he'd webbed up a little (you can see the remaining strands in the first photo)

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
First pic I've seen of that sp. I likey.
I saw one other before I ordered this one. If google it and then click images there is one with a watermark from European classifieds. It's black golden colored but that's all I've seen

Also right now though it's hard to see in that pic he's like a bronze caramel color

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
20160702_074847.jpg
Underside shot of Dorado.

I did notice, and the sling did the same thing, he bolted in than out of his cage (definitely teleporter). However, during the catching phase, I was waiting for his stop and keeping my eyes on him he ran to my hand so I moved it, but lost my balance (sitting on my floor) and I fell making a loud noise. I was afraid I had squished him and his rear leg was up and it looked like I had got him despite my best efforts not to, but nope, turns out he took a minute and then when I went to put the catch cup over him, he kicked at me. He definitely looks like my other Tappies, but he most definitely kicked hairs at me when he was being moved into his shipment container to relocate back to his new house.

Nicolas C

3 Year Member
I was afraid I had squished him and his rear leg was up and it looked like I had got him despite my best efforts not to, but nope, turns out he took a minute and then when I went to put the catch cup over him, he kicked at me. He definitely looks like my other Tappies, but he most definitely kicked hairs at me when he was being moved into his shipment container to relocate back to his new house.

But, Psyrocke, as far as I know, Tapinauchenius spp. don't have urticating hairs, do they?

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
But, Psyrocke, as far as I know, Tapinauchenius spp. don't have urticating hairs, do they?
Correct, but this appears to be a newly discovered species. This one might think he does, or has both or something. I don;t think there is much known about this particular species. He at the very least flicked/kicked his back hairs at me.

Nicolas C

3 Year Member
That is very interesting. Could be an exception, or maybe this very sp will be changed for another genus in the future.

Or could it be the damaged leg which was moving in a weird way?

Or maybe he fantasies he's a Brachy (well, I do happen to fantasy I'm a northern viking...then why not?)

Latest posts