• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

EXCITEMENT

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
That is very interesting. Could be an exception, or maybe this very sp will be changed for another genus in the future.

Or could it be the damaged leg which was moving in a weird way?

Or maybe he fantasies he's a Brachy (well, I do happen to fantasy I'm a northern viking...then why not?)
Could be. He is just as fuzzy and the same sheen/darkness as my now 1.5-2" Tapinauchenius violaceus at the 1" stage. Same build in the carapace and abdomen as well. I originally thought it was damaged but he was just holding up to kick at me. However, he does not appear to have lost hairs (but I would imainge that would be hard to see) and he's been climbing and webbing and after a move walking fine and the leg does not appear damaged at all. And also the fact he wanted for me to start putting something over it to flick it at me. I don't know/can't see if hairs actually came off but he definitely flicked the leg at me.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
These are the little shares and stories I enjoy the most. Sounds adorable, you didn't get hurt twisting around to miss him did you?

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
These are the little shares and stories I enjoy the most. Sounds adorable, you didn't get hurt twisting around to miss him did you?
Nope, not all. I fell on my butt! I was so afraid I'd not managed to fall enough out of the way but he's good. He's made a little cave under one of those leaves in his sub close by his water dish. SO hard to see, he camos very very well.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Glad your both OK,

I have a vivid imagination and keep seeing a little cartoon spider with boxing gloves on its rear legs little abdomen in the air. :D

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
After talking with another Tappie keeper (Candaian) on YouTube (she had commented on my unboxing of my sling) she said she swears she has seen her T. gigas go through that kicking motion as well, but can't tell if it lost any hairs or is just going through the motions of it either.

Latest posts