• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Euathlus sp. red Fasting

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
When mine was very tiny I found it preferred prekilled crickets, live seemed to scare it.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
When mine was very tiny I found it preferred prekilled crickets, live seemed to scare it.
That seems to be the case here. But even with the prekilled i'll leave over night and its stil in there next day. I'm getting some baby dubias this week so ill try a prekilled dubia. Maybe its just picky, lol.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
That seems to be the case here. But even with the prekilled i'll leave over night and its stil in there next day. I'm getting some baby dubias this week so ill try a prekilled dubia. Maybe its just picky, lol.

Are you sure it hasn't eaten some and left the carcass, that's what mine did but it was usually moved from where I put it.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
image.jpeg
How's its abdomen look? Plump?
Yeah, it looks to be healthy. Always moven around or moven dirt.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It looks fine. They don't eat a lot and are very slow growing, Mine is 2 years old now and still tiny. That's a 2" dia container it's in.

DSCF7343 (2).JPG

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That's great news.:)
Those crickets had mites. I went to go check on them about 5am which was about an hour and ahalf ago. So i see white a white pile. Thinking its left over cricket i go to shineca light to clean it out. Then noticed it moving when the light hit it. So turns out that was an issue for 3 of the 5. Long story short i just spent the last hour and ahalf removing the 3 Ts in to drams dumped the Substrate and cleaned enclosures now that they are dry im in the process of getting them back home. At least the start of 2017 hasnt been boring...

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@IamKrush What on earth were you doing up at 5am on New Years Day? I'm glad you found them though and hopefully no harm done.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Crickets are the devil. Roaches are godly feeders. Just sayin..
Yeah, i was hesitant to get them. My roach order got delayed due to the holiday and it was almost two weeks since I fed them. I felt i had to get them something. I tried ordering from jamies but apparently they stopped shipping for the year on the 15th which i didnt find out until like a week later. So i find a differnt company. Placed orded last Sunday. For some reason they decided to wait until Thursday to ship out the order. Smh...

MyLilRed

3 Year Member
little Euathlus sp. red sling keeps turning down food. How long will they fast for? Its been about a month since it's eaten.
This is what these little guys do....grow very slow and rarely eat if anything! Got mine @ 1.5" back in October 2016 and probably only ate once or twice the most... But I keep him in the feeding routine with my others, just in case he decides "what the heck" and eats.