• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

US Eresus Spider Shop

FishermanSteve

3 Year Member
Final update:
Thomas has reached out to me and is extremely apologetic and has offered to send me a replacement order. I would like to make it clear that, in hindsight, my issue was with a single individual who is no longer affiliated with Eresus and not the business as a whole. I am certain they will get back to providing everyone the same 5 star level of service they have had in the past.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Final update:
Thomas has reached out to me and is extremely apologetic and has offered to send me a replacement order. I would like to make it clear that, in hindsight, my issue was with a single individual who is no longer affiliated with Eresus and not the business as a whole. I am certain they will get back to providing everyone the same 5 star level of service they have had in the past.
Great update, thanks for circling back with this.

We don't always know all the circumstances involved in a "bad transaction" and while there are two sides to every story, what matters most is how issues are resolved when they do occur

Happy for you

spiderdisco

I will never order from Eresus again. They used to be great, then they split up. The current owners of Eresus say they “fired Matt”. Well that’s a bummer because I also had perfect transactions with Matt. My experience with Eresus since I ordered in May, has been a nightmare. I kept being told my spiders would “ship this week”, and to be patient because I was getting such a good deal from the big sale. (Which really wasn’t) Then they said one of the spiders I purchased died and refunded me. Ok, fine, **** happens. A few weeks later, they finally got the order out. I had told them twice, and they acknowledged, to send it to the hub, as the temps here were over 100*. They did not send it to the Hub, they sent it to my house. 2 lava spider slings, DOA. They also had to substitute for another spider I’d ordered, that that suddenly didn’t have anymore. I was being patient throughout all of this. When I received the order, I immediately sent them notice and pics of the DOA’s and requested a refund. They completely ignored me. It wasn’t until I posted a review on FB and filed a claim with PayPal, that Jonathan finally contacted me. He told me to drop my claim with PP and he would refund me afterwards. I refused, as it would leave me no further recourse. He didn’t want to refund the DOA’s because I had included shipping in the refund price. He tried to tell me LAG was void because they were not sent to the hub. I sent him a copy of the email I’d previously sent before he shipped, where it specifically states the order must go to hub, NOT my house. Next thing I know, he offered to settle the PP claim and refund for the 2 doa slings, minus the shipping. I accepted the amount just to be done with him.
Matt Padilla currently is back in business, as The Spider Room, and his ex business partners are at Eresus.
I never got an apology. Highly recommend steering clear of Eresus.

Lentulus

3 Year Member
I will never order from Eresus again. They used to be great, then they split up. The current owners of Eresus say they “fired Matt”. Well that’s a bummer because I also had perfect transactions with Matt. My experience with Eresus since I ordered in May, has been a nightmare. I kept being told my spiders would “ship this week”, and to be patient because I was getting such a good deal from the big sale. (Which really wasn’t) Then they said one of the spiders I purchased died and refunded me. Ok, fine, **** happens. A few weeks later, they finally got the order out. I had told them twice, and they acknowledged, to send it to the hub, as the temps here were over 100*. They did not send it to the Hub, they sent it to my house. 2 lava spider slings, DOA. They also had to substitute for another spider I’d ordered, that that suddenly didn’t have anymore. I was being patient throughout all of this. When I received the order, I immediately sent them notice and pics of the DOA’s and requested a refund. They completely ignored me. It wasn’t until I posted a review on FB and filed a claim with PayPal, that Jonathan finally contacted me. He told me to drop my claim with PP and he would refund me afterwards. I refused, as it would leave me no further recourse. He didn’t want to refund the DOA’s because I had included shipping in the refund price. He tried to tell me LAG was void because they were not sent to the hub. I sent him a copy of the email I’d previously sent before he shipped, where it specifically states the order must go to hub, NOT my house. Next thing I know, he offered to settle the PP claim and refund for the 2 doa slings, minus the shipping. I accepted the amount just to be done with him.
Matt Padilla currently is back in business, as The Spider Room, and his ex business partners are at Eresus.
I never got an apology. Highly recommend steering clear of Eresus.
apologies don’t hold much value for me. It’s a meaningless word, mostly. But these reviews about Eresus have become very common—well after Matt. How many times can someone throw, “we have 100’s of orders coming every day” at you? If it’s possible and not too inconvenient, post images of your order asking for it to go to the hub. I know it’s a lot of extra on your part, but it helps build the case for others following along. Helps determine if Eresus is the issue or their partners, like they claim.

spiderdisco

Sure, no problem.

Attachments

• 4F66BDAA-1E3C-4DCF-96A2-3264A87D86E2.jpeg
    4F66BDAA-1E3C-4DCF-96A2-3264A87D86E2.jpeg
    420.1 KB · Views: 76
  • A0803841-E6DC-4E2E-A186-5D21EEF56B77.jpeg
    A0803841-E6DC-4E2E-A186-5D21EEF56B77.jpeg
    189.8 KB · Views: 77

Blackdog

Never drop a paypal claim until after they refund you. Years ago I had a huge issue with Carolina Reptile Supply and he even tried to supply faked invoices to get me to drop and then he would pay me. Paypal terms of service are very clear on dropping a claim- no mulligans!

spiderdisco

Never drop a paypal claim until after they refund you. Years ago I had a huge issue with Carolina Reptile Supply and he even tried to supply faked invoices to get me to drop and then he would pay me. Paypal terms of service are very clear on dropping a claim- no mulligans!
Huge red flag when they try to get you to drop the claim. If this had gone any further, I seriously would have taken them to small claims court, just on principle. I took the refund and bought some slings from Matt Padilla at Spider Shop.

spiderdisco

I would like to publicly apologize to Jonathan Silva, I now know that neither he, or 7 Wonders, were responsible for the Eresus cluster ****. I sympathize with his current situation, now that I understand what exactly happened. I will definitely be ordering from 7 Wonders in the future to help his business recover.

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
This is all very confusing and it is not clear to me what happened or why people did not get what they ordered. Athough it seems that Seven Wonders, which merged with Eresus earlier this summer, is trying to rectify or at least smooth things out. So that is a move forward.

As I understand it, Matt had been with Eresus until a few months ago and Jonathan is with Seven Wonders, the new partner. So who is Thomas that FishermanSteve mentionned.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
This is all very confusing and it is not clear to me what happened or why people did not get what they ordered. Athough it seems that Seven Wonders, which merged with Eresus earlier this summer, is trying to rectify or at least smooth things out. So that is a move forward.

As I understand it, Matt had been with Eresus until a few months ago and Jonathan is with Seven Wonders, the new partner. So who is Thomas that FishermanSteve mentionned.

He is the owner of Eresus.

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
I know that Seven Wonders Inherited a mess, but I have yet to hear from them. I have six Thrixopelma slings that I did not order from Eresus.

Prior to some of this info coming out I did manage to file a claim against Jurassic Pet Supply ( a predecessor to Eressus I believe) via paypal on the last day possible and got a refund for one of six faux H. chilensis I had bought.

Then Jonathan Silva and Seven Wonders started saying in emails, postings and a podcast to be patient with them and they would try to work with us. I have received emails from them about sales but nothing about my issue.

I held off on filing a claim for two of the Ts against Eresus not wanting to add to Seven Wonders problems. I believe Seven Wonders has officially shutdown Eresus, so I am not sure if I can still file the claim even if they are in the time frame. I will try though.

I am sure Seven Wonders has its plate full, but it has been two weeks since they said they would start to contact us, and several months since this mess began.

To be honest, I just want some resolution. I am not trying to screw them over. With a resolution, I can figure out what to do with these Thrixopelma slings. I can't keep them.

spiderdisco

I know that Seven Wonders Inherited a mess, but I have yet to hear from them. I have six Thrixopelma slings that I did not order from Eresus.

Prior to some of this info coming out I did manage to file a claim against Jurassic Pet Supply ( a predecessor to Eressus I believe) via paypal on the last day possible and got a refund for one of six faux H. chilensis I had bought.

Then Jonathan Silva and Seven Wonders started saying in emails, postings and a podcast to be patient with them and they would try to work with us. I have received emails from them about sales but nothing about my issue.

I held off on filing a claim for two of the Ts against Eresus not wanting to add to Seven Wonders problems. I believe Seven Wonders has officially shutdown Eresus, so I am not sure if I can still file the claim even if they are in the time frame. I will try though.

I am sure Seven Wonders has its plate full, but it has been two weeks since they said they would start to contact us, and several months since this mess began.

To be honest, I just want some resolution. I am not trying to screw them over. With a resolution, I can figure out what to do with these Thrixopelma slings. I can't keep them.
Are you able to sell/ship the Thrixopelma? What species are they?

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
I have been told they look like T. pruriens. That is why I have tried to contact the owner to see what species for sure. I really can't sell or give them away until I know what they are.
20220812_141421~2.jpg