• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dubia Roaches?

Mr. P

3 Year Member
There are many reasons why Dubia roaches are better then crickets.

1) One adult dubia roach is the equivalent of four crickets
2) Higher nutition
3) Less chitin
4) Easier to raise
5) Live much longer
6) No smell
7) Don't make any noise

These are just a few off the top of my head and there are many more.

Tortoise Tom

1,000+ Post Club
I actually started this forum with the same question I want to switch my baby girl over to dubia roaches because where I live is extremely hard to get crickets I have to drive over a hundred miles to buy crickets and they don't even last that long they usually kill each other friend of mine told me I should think about starting a part of me thinks it be fun so I'm trying to get any info on this I've had my Rose Hair Tarantula for 6 years and she loves crickets but I need a more sufficient with feeding what have you figured out I've been reading this thread and everybody says something different any info would be great thank you
I hate crickets. They stink, they're noisy, they jump, then they all die for no reason. No thank you. I actually quite keeping insectivores because of my disdain for crickets. I discovered dubia and other roach species about 10 years ago, and I've been in love with them ever since. They are so easy to keep and breed, and so much better than crickets for all the reason already listed in this 5 and a half year old thread. I did a thread on starting a colony: https://tarantulaforum.com/threads/how-to-start-a-roach-colony.22389/#post-134274