• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Don't tell the girlfriend !

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
so this morning I've ordered a LP after my girlfriend said she didn't want any large birdeaters in the house..
We also have a G.Pulchripes sling in the house which I told her can grow very big also
So what's the diffrence ? Lol

Sym

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
so this morning I've ordered a LP after my girlfriend said she didn't want any large birdeaters in the house..
We also have a G.Pulchripes sling in the house which I told her can grow very big also
So what's the diffrence ? Lol

Sym
The difference let's see,the chaco is a 7inch max sweety. The Lasiodora parahybana is a 8inch plus bulldozer,with sometimes a bad day without Prozac. My specimen,was 8inches premolt 1 inch fang,now anything from 9 inches up since they can put on size in increments of 1inch or more.

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi Martin ..
It was the size of the LP I am interested in. All my T's are slings apart from B.Emilia which I would call a subadult? 3inch DLS?
I think my girlfriend just worried about her cats and if it ever got out.
But I would be more worried for my LP.
I really need to close down my pay pal account as it's becoming all so easy to buy T's.. Lol.
I will tell her.. When I don't know lol

Sym

Rbales427

3 Year Member
I'm considering doing this... I had my g rosea first, then a friend gave me my n colorato.... She almost killed him for bringing another spider in the house lol. I keep joking that I'm gonna get another while she is working... Only one day I won't joke anymore lol.

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi Rbale427..
I've been keeping T's now for roughly 7 weeks and I'm on my 7th T... I keep looking at more I did say 6 would be my max number and that had gone out of the window lol .. I will tell my other half tonight .. Fingers crossed she understands lol
What you looking at next ?

Sym

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
She might be still too exited about getting her kitten in 10 weeks to seriously harm you, lol.
When I got my LP I told my husband that it was a freebie that came with my P. met. He knows how big it's going to get, but doesn't mind. I think it's a man thing to prefer bigger animals, lol.

Rbales427

3 Year Member
Hi Rbale427..
I've been keeping T's now for roughly 7 weeks and I'm on my 7th T... I keep looking at more I did say 6 would be my max number and that had gone out of the window lol .. I will tell my other half tonight .. Fingers crossed she understands lol
What you looking at next ?

Sym
They have A. Diversipes slings at the local pet store for $30. I showed a picture of them to the wife and she agreed they are pretty, so I know she is at least thinking about it lol. I just got her a new bearded dragon, so I think she will let me get one more lol.

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi Martin ..
It was the size of the LP I am interested in. All my T's are slings apart from B.Emilia which I would call a subadult? 3inch DLS?
I think my girlfriend just worried about her cats and if it ever got out.
But I would be more worried for my LP.
I really need to close down my pay pal account as it's becoming all so easy to buy T's.. Lol.
I will tell her.. When I don't know lol

Sym
Haha,damn the addiction.

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi Fuzzball..
Big cats = big spiders lol
10 weeks will feel like 10 years. She is very excited. We had planned on a trip to London for a weekend to go to the natural history museum. But I gave her a choice. Cat or London..lol..

Sym

NYX

3 Year Member
Nice pick Sym. I loved my lp sling so I ordered two more! And another bird eater species from brazil an acanthoscurria geniculata. :)

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi NYX.. I think I'm pushing my luck with 1 birdeater lol.. But I will look at that 1 lol

Sym

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I've read a few caresheets on the LP.
Growth rate is fast. How fast is fast?

Sym

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I've read a few caresheets on the LP.
Growth rate is fast. How fast is fast?

Sym

My 2 have gone from 1'' to 4'' in 3 moults and one is in pre-moult again. I got them 6 months ago.

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi Enn49...
That is fast!! I will look for a suitable tank for her/him. It's only a sling look forward to it coming...

Sym

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi Enn49...
That is fast!! I will look for a suitable tank for her/him. It's only a sling look forward to it coming...

Sym

I started mine off in cricket tubs at 1'', then moved them into 3 litre Braplast tubs which they are still in. When they moult again I'm going to put them in 9 litre Really Useful boxes and their final homes will be 2' Pennine vivs.

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi HungryGhost... What a great thread !! I'm very pleased ive ordered 1 now!!
Anymore pictures? Or you wanting for next moult ??

Thanks for sharing

Sym

Latest posts