• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Database for breeders?

Ray

3 Year Member
is there a database for breeders by state? I'm trying to link up with a local dealer for my research any leads? I'm in Chicopee ma

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Nope. The best breeding reports I've found are on..yep...AB. The most detailed, anyway. I've got some projects going but I dont keep detailed notes. Id have to refer back to my threads here just to get dates on pairing, lol

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
Nope. The best breeding reports I've found are on..yep...AB. The most detailed, anyway. I've got some projects going but I dont keep detailed notes. Id have to refer back to my threads here just to get dates on pairing, lol

Irony... its a b****...

Ray

3 Year Member

I had questions about the reproductive organs and I honestly think the best way to do so is to have specimen to dissect was trying find people near me to maybe shadow and learn from them of before I really try to order a bunch of ts myself (not that I would dissect a live one or kill it to do so)

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
You may or may not find someone close to you to shadow. If you are serious about this my suggestion would be to start by enjoying you pinktoe. Then after a bit get a couple more and keep them all healthy. Then once you are comfortable with all that maybe try to breed some yourself.

The research and experimentation you are talking about takes years, not weeks or months. This is the kind of stuff that PhDs tackle. Not saying you can't do it, but you need a place to start and I'd say plenty of good hands on experience caring for them should come first.

Thistles

3 Year Member
A lot of that info is already online. Taxonomists dissect specimens, male and female of each species, and carefully note all relevant structures. This includes the female spermathecae and male secondary sex organs, which are often significant in describing and differentiating species. Look up some papers with pictures and see if that helps.

Latest posts