• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Concerns on Grammostola Pulchripes

Sapphire_The_Fox

Alright, I read a lot about the G. Pulchripes but nothing stated anything about how long they CAN live as an outlier, because Average lifespan isn't what i'm looking for, I have a G. Pulchripes and he has been mine since 2011, yes, he's a mature male, and he's still active and alive, they are said to live until six years but he mature molted two years ago and is still being his natural web laying, "Natural bulldozer" self, I don't understand how he's still alive if they usually live a few months or a year after mature molting, please give me some insight because I'm interested in how it works, First T and I'm only 16, yeah I read the "tarantulas don't care about your feelings or emotions, they only care about eating, molting, and mating" - (Paraphrasing) I still love him since he's my first REAL pet.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-10-23-14-56-55.png
    Screenshot_2018-10-23-14-56-55.png
    458.8 KB · Views: 20

Tortoise Tom

1,000+ Post Club
Hello and welcome.

I can't tell from your picture, but are you sure its a male? Does it have the hooks? I've never had one live more than about 15-16 months after molting into a mature male, but I couldn't tell you what the world record is.

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Sapphire_The_Fox : Welcome to the forum. Gotta love your feelings about your pet. You chose a great first T. I dunno if this helps, but a mature male’s life span varies dramatically. Long lived genera like Brachypelma can have a mature male live from 3-4 mos up to 1-2 years. It varies wildly. Some genera have mature males that die in weeks after the ultimate molt.

I think I see a hook on the right front. If so, consider yourself lucky to have him as long as you have.:)

Sapphire_The_Fox

Yeah, he has mature molted so that's why i was concerned on how he's still alive, Because i Don't do anything special, i just do what i was told when i got him, but its nice to know i shouldn't rely on the average Because its an average of over hundreds upon hundreds of male T's Thank you for the welcome!

Latest posts