• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Checking in to do research before getting a new pet

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
So far I'm behaving: I've stopped at 8 (Ts not fish) due to space reasons. I still browse through the shops, but I think my husband has been very lenient with me after breaking my "these will definitely be the last" promise, when I bought no. 4, lol.

Please tell me how you do that. I was stopping at 4 and am now up to 40 :eek:

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Please tell me how you do that. I was stopping at 4 and am now up to 40 :eek:

I'm kind of trying to talk my husband into letting me have rats again (or ferrets), so I have to make compromises, lol.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My son used to keep rats, it's amazing what great pets they make - much nicer than hamsters etc.
I had a group of 3 girls, 2 Dumbos (half sisters) and one top eared. The 2 half sisters, Nibbles and Dusty came from the same breeder, the top eared, Treacle, from a pet store. They were amazing, would come when I called their names, sit up for treats and cuddle up on my shoulders. Unfortunately they didn't live long, both Nibbles and Dusty dies of congenital heart failure at about 1 1/2. Treacle, who had scarred lungs from being kept in a drafty cage at the store and was very small and skinny for her age, made it to 2 years, but was missing her pack mates too much.
Nibbles and Treacle, Dusty was off with her treat, lol:
DSCF2041_zps238fd069.jpg

Sorry for hijacking your thread!!!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I think we're all hopeless animal lovers here...whether 8 legs, less than 8, more than 8, or none! We all share the same "problem." HAHA:D

The beauty of animals is that they don't constantly complain like the 2 legged variety do and we can mutter away to them without hurting their feeling.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Just got shipping confirmation from jamie's...
my B. albopilosum spiderling, enclosure and 100 mixed-sized lats arrive tomorrow! :T:

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Now the unpleasant part begins...waiting. ;)

Nah, it's 1 day delivery, and I've easily got a day's worth of patience.

Going to start an acclimation question thread to help occupy myself in the meantime :)