• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Can T's lay down?

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
This may seem like a strange question but this morning I was checking up on my T's and I noticed my Rosie hair was literally laying down...not like molting but laying down with her legs stretched out, carapaces and abdomen is touching the ground. Is this normal? Is something wrong? Also she has been eating like crazy! She will eat anything I put in that tank, meal worms and crickets is what I have for prey. And all my crickets are in clean tanks, and they are nice and big juicy crickets. So I don't know if it could be them affecting her? But all my other T's are fine. Plus I really don't know the background of this T. But she has one big appetite, she has eaten like 11 crickets this month!!!! Is she due for a molt?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just a little concerned. Thank you!

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
She's laying on her back?
If she's definitely not molting, that is very odd... but, it is a rosie so I wouldn't be to worried. They do all sorts of weird things.

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
She's laying on her back?
If she's definitely not molting, that is very odd... but, it is a rosie so I wouldn't be to worried. They do all sorts of weird things.
She isn't laying on her back shes laying like on her stomach. Its odd. She has just been laying really low to the ground and her legs stretched out really far. But yea Rosies are different T's and show strange behavior but is still strange to me.

Latest posts