• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Broken fang?

Atx13

3 Year Member
I was given a G.rosea today, and she sadly has a broken fang.. a problem I've never had before.. Will she be ok? Anything special I need to do for her? Her ab. Is pretty small.. Not sure if shell be able to eat or what..
Thanks in advance.
I can try an get pics if needed, but don't really wanna mess with her, she was pretty stressed when I got her...

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Is it cracked or broken off? Is the other fang good?
If she has one good fang she should still be able to eat.

Atx13

3 Year Member
She's missing about half of one, and the other seems to be intact, but the ones that broken is like.. pointing downward, kind of in the way.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
she should be able to feed although you may have to use rubber tipped forceps if she can't hold the prey on her own.

Atx13

3 Year Member
that works, I would hand feed her if that was the only way for her to feed. Never had to deal with a broken fang.. I was pretty annoyed at the guy I got it from.

Atx13

3 Year Member
I haven't offered her any food yet, but she did get a drink last, and has been exploring her new enclosure, hoping to get her nice and fat, and she will just moult out of the problem :).

Atx13

3 Year Member
Just a quick update.
She is eating and drinking fine, ate 2 crickets for me, one at a time tho, couldn't hold both, but I'm very happy she can eat.. she is also settled in already and a very laid back and easy going rosie.

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
LIES! She is just lulling you into a sense of peace so you will be less likely to react when she goes PBT (Pink Bitey Thing) on your butt!

I love my rosie. :D The psycho little things.

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
And actually my rosie has never tired to bite me...she has lunged at my hand THROUGH the container but has only gone into defense posture when I was dealing with her...I don't think she's even ever kicked hairs at me....

Atx13

3 Year Member
And actually my rosie has never tired to bite me...she has lunged at my hand THROUGH the container but has only gone into defense posture when I was dealing with her...I don't think she's even ever kicked hairs at me....
Rooney has tried several times to bite me... its crazy. Lol

Latest posts