• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

US Bringin' in the New Year

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Just a thought on your 22 year old daughter liking boys instead of T's.....kidnap her boyfriend and do some type of scientific experiment on him....adding a few femurs, chelicerae and abdominal setae - she will warm up to T's no problem after that! (Not sure how she'd feel about her boyfriend afterward, though...:p )
Thankfully my 22 year old daughter (one of 4 girls) has a T. Her new boyfriend ain't too keen and was even less so when I got introduced to him and he saw my collection....mwhahaha. No weddings to pay for just yet :)

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Where are you from, Phil? Most of us Southern gals are raised old school....my grandmother had quite an influence on me growing up. She raised me to be a real lady. I have the utmost respect for people. I give what I would expect in return. Now, most people mistake kindness for weakness....which, I am very kind. I do, however, have a bit of a "fiery" side, lol...
.I try to keep her locked up. Sometimes she gets the best of me, though.....still, my grandmother always encouraged me, scolded me, taught me.....one of the greatest mentors in my life. I am a product of my raisin' and I say that with the utmost pride. I am proud of who I am today. No room for regrets!!! :) I hope a lot of people feel this way about themselves and are proud of who they are and what they've become.
I am in the UK in a seaside town called Blackpool. Mr grandparents were all "old school" too. I HATE with a passion bad manners as it costs nothing to say please and thank you and to treat people with respect. I always open doors for ladies and give up my seat etc but you are right, so many people just don't have any respect these days. I bet you do have a fiery side....I can see it in your baby browns.....lol

Just1moreT

3 Year Member
I am in the UK in a seaside town called Blackpool. Mr grandparents were all "old school" too. I HATE with a passion bad manners as it costs nothing to say please and thank you and to treat people with respect. I always open doors for ladies and give up my seat etc but you are right, so many people just don't have any respect these days. I bet you do have a fiery side....I can see it in your baby browns.....lol

Respect is gone, my new year's present was wife leaving me, Facebook ruins more realitions than anything on the planet I think. not all people, but a vast mogority respect no one these days .when I decide to date again i
My first words will be. ( hello my name is Eric I'm a Spideroholic ,then I can tell by there expression ,if I should walk away lol sorry for the rant

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Respect is gone, my new year's present was wife leaving me, Facebook ruins more realitions than anything on the planet I think. not all people, but a vast mogority respect no one these days .when I decide to date again i
My first words will be. ( hello my name is Eric I'm a Spideroholic ,then I can tell by there expression ,if I should walk away lol sorry for the rant
Rant away buddy. FB is the root of all evil. I joined it to see what my wife was up to... I found out and we are no longer together so feel your pain. She tolerated spiders but only when she was getting something at the same time I got a new spider. Needless to say my collection has expanded since....so "winner winner chicken dinner".:). It gets better and I am sure you will get much support from fellow forum members. You never know, maybe you should suggest a dating thread?

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Rant away buddy. FB is the root of all evil. I joined it to see what my wife was up to... I found out and we are no longer together so feel your pain. She tolerated spiders but only when she was getting something at the same time I got a new spider. Needless to say my collection has expanded since....so "winner winner chicken dinner".:). It gets better and I am sure you will get much support from fellow forum members. You never know, maybe you should suggest a dating thread?
Just keep away from girls with light hazel eyes....they are fiery aren't thsy @Casey K. ....ha ha ha

Just1moreT

3 Year Member

Lol Phil I live in the middle of nowhere spiders are considered stomping material be extremely hard to find someone here .your ex sounds like my soon to be, didn't want nothing to do with them.gripped cause I had a hobby . I sure it get better though ,an o boy it would be nice to find someone who liked spiders , that could be a match made in heaven lol

Just1moreT

3 Year Member
Dating thread good idea, I just like to be able to show my collection to someone that would be interested it sucks livin in the sticks sometimes and sometimes it's the best way to be

Just1moreT

3 Year Member
Lol Casey's thread to sale has turned into a divorce talk, respect, and starting a dating add lol ,every thing should get better over time that's just way life is these days :)

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I hate FB!!! All it is is drama, drama, drama. You've got everyone in the world in your business. No privacy whatsoever. It's stupid. They should come up with a dating site for arachnid hobbyists, lol.....you poor fellas. Just haven't met your Ms. "Right".... it's terrible.....I would rather have a Tarantula as a gift over gold, clothes, material things, lol.....I can't say over $ because I could use that $ to buy more T's, lol.....so its a win win for me either way as long as it's a T or $....
Beat you to the dating thread idea already ....lol Another FB loather. Get in! Are you too good to be real? Must have some faults ;)

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I hate FB!!! All it is is drama, drama, drama. You've got everyone in the world in your business. No privacy whatsoever. It's stupid. They should come up with a dating site for arachnid hobbyists, lol.....you poor fellas. Just haven't met your Ms. "Right".... it's terrible.....I would rather have a Tarantula as a gift over gold, clothes, material things, lol.....I can't say over $ because I could use that $ to buy more T's, lol.....so its a win win for me either way as long as it's a T or $....
One thing money cannot buy.....the expectation of a successful molt. Check out my recent Gallery post for my B. Boheimi thay has just assumed the position tonight. Yey :) Fingers crossed no issues tonight. Go :T:

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Oh I have plenty of faults. I'm not perfect but there is one thing that I am honored to have and to give and that's a trustworthy relationship. If you're a bachelor/bachelorette, announce it. Don't get into a relationship under false pretenses only to hurt the person that actually "cares". It's a terrible thing to play with. I'm against cheating. You lie with dogs you catch fleas. I stay away from the dogs. ;)
This is the only dog I ever loved (sadly she died of stomach cancer). Her name was Kira.
2013-01-13.jpg

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yes yes yes!!! Oh you must present pics after the molt! They are so pretty! BTW, I looked at your pic before you announced it, lol....
I will. Anything to get me up the leader board on the most media league table....lol

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Beautiful lady!!! What breed is she? Lol, it's all about the competition!!! Ha ha ha!
She was a white German Shepherd. Pretty rare in the UK as still a bit snobbish about the "breed standard"..... idiots! Did it make her a lesser companion...no, did we love her less...no. Rant over. Yes I was really pleased when I was on top of SasyStace ( by media posts).lol

Just1moreT

3 Year Member
Yeah....that sucks. I'm sure he'll molt to maturity next time. He is a good size. Well, perhaps you can breed aphonos months after she molts since they grow so slow?
I think Probally can she going on 2 year's in her same dress :) so surely they molt same way in the wild .i, figuring there is a seasonal breeding could very well be in October

Latest posts