• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Big day

Rahhh1983

3 Year Member
Any idea on morph? Looks like a blue eye leucistic with a grey head, she's so pretty. That hognose you got recently is something I've wanted for awhile too, I'll admit im pretty jealous :) Enjoy those lovely creatures my friend.
It is a Bel or Super Mojave. I couldn't pass up the deal on her. Thank you so much! Snakes are just as addictive I'm learning!

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
@Rahhh1983 Your welcome. I believe it's super mojave. Bels have a solid white head i believe. Both are blue eyed lucy but after looking i seen other supers with the same coloration as yours. Isn't it fascinating you can take 2 of the same morph and get a totally different looking animal? I'm getting more into breeding lately but kind of in a hard spot on deciding on what i want to do next.

Rahhh1983

3 Year Member
I turned down a 2019 Male hatchling with an all white head for that girl. Yes, some are all white, some have a little grey. I love both and I may end up getting another down the line with the white head. How many and what snakes do you have?

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
I turned down a 2019 Male hatchling with an all white head for that girl. Yes, some are all white, some have a little grey. I love both and I may end up getting another down the line with the white head. How many and what snakes do you have?
You made a good choice, more unique looking in my opinion. I have 11 snakes at the moment. 5 ball pythons( normal, pastel, albino lavender, cinnamon and lesser enchi) 3 corn snakes, 1 dumerils boa, 1 king hybrid and 1 texas rat snake.
20190520_075859.jpg
This is my latest project albino reverse okeetee corn snake, just paired her not long ago, she is gravid but last clutch was no good so hoping for a better outcome this time. She's about to shed so not too much longer. Im pairing my lavender with my normal and pastel soon. When my cinnamon matures not sure if i want to do cinny lavenders or super cinnamons, my friend has a male and i really want to try for a solid dark colored snake like that.

Rahhh1983

3 Year Member
You made a good choice, more unique looking in my opinion. I have 11 snakes at the moment. 5 ball pythons( normal, pastel, albino lavender, cinnamon and lesser enchi) 3 corn snakes, 1 dumerils boa, 1 king hybrid and 1 texas rat snake.View attachment 37581This is my latest project albino reverse okeetee corn snake, just paired her not long ago, she is gravid but last clutch was no good so hoping for a better outcome this time. She's about to shed so not too much longer. Im pairing my lavender with my normal and pastel soon. When my cinnamon matures not sure if i want to do cinny lavenders or super cinnamons, my friend has a male and i really want to try for a solid dark colored snake like that.
What a gorgeous snake! Brian from Bhb pulled a clutch this morning on this YouTube video of that same okeetee. They are beautiful. He was showing a creamsicle too. I really really have fallen in love with these four we have. Do you have tanks for them? Do you use bedding or paper/towels?

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
Thanks, I have terrariums for all but 2 and i only use aspen bedding for all of them. I've had 2 of my ball pythons and my king snake for over 10 years and never had a problem.
20190520_073251(2).jpg
My set up for my normal female, she's 14 years old now.

Rahhh1983

3 Year Member
So my niece is switching her snakes from tanks to a rack. She only has 4 I believe. I dont like the racks for my pets, I really tried talking her away from the idea.

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
Thanks, yeah I've bred them a few times, she's actually produced a few clutches herself. She's had 11 over 2 clutches, 1 of which was albino and the only one we held back, he didn't make it unfortunately and our male passed away not too long after that clutch was born and ended up too busy with work and coaching that i just took a break for a few years.
I personally don't like rack set ups either but I've considered it to add more to my collection. I just like to be able to see them at all times without disturbing them and they need to be able to move around as well, they are pretty active at night and like to explore. I don't do anything fancy just a hide, water dish big enough to soak in and a stick or something to perch on.

Rahhh1983

3 Year Member
Thanks, yeah I've bred them a few times, she's actually produced a few clutches herself. She's had 11 over 2 clutches, 1 of which was albino and the only one we held back, he didn't make it unfortunately and our male passed away not too long after that clutch was born and ended up too busy with work and coaching that i just took a break for a few years.
I personally don't like rack set ups either but I've considered it to add more to my collection. I just like to be able to see them at all times without disturbing them and they need to be able to move around as well, they are pretty active at night and like to explore. I don't do anything fancy just a hide, water dish big enough to soak in and a stick or something to perch on.
That describes my set up and also my feelings on the whole subject. They are very busy at night, and I love watching them explore! I'm considering breeding, but have a TON to learn.

Rahhh1983

3 Year Member
Do you feed in their enclosures? Have you ever had issues with Aspen?

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
Do you feed in their enclosures? Have you ever had issues with Aspen?
Never had a issue at all with aspen, easy to spot clean and keeps down odor. I feed within the enclosure as well, too much work to take out each hungry snake just to feed them. You just gotta be careful and let them know when you're gonna handle them. I have been tagged and wrapped up a few times because i was too comfortable and wasn't paying attention. Even my most docile snake has tried to take a shot at me when hungry so always want to have a hook or stick to nudge them with to let them know your not food.

Latest posts