• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Back pain anyone?

Aracnoenthusiast

3 Year Member
I think we posted at the same time since I missed this. Why does he suspect sciatica?
Where exactly is the pain and how severe on a scale of 1-10, 10 being unbearable.
I dont recall an "oh crap I hurt myself "moment. Couldn't point to a cause. He suspects sciatica due to the location and kind of pain. Right lower back/hip. The pain is sharp and will shoot up the spine and down the buttocks and right leg. Its enough to stop me in my tracks, I'd put the pain at a 7. It occasionally will calm down or increase to an 8 or 9 depending on the day

Jeremy-psychonaut

Situps every morning. I use to have back problems then I met a 75 year old professor. This guy had teen ager abs. He told me that I needed to strengthen my core. I didn't really understand what he was talking about but started doing situps everyday. After sometime 8-10 months I didnt have anymore back pain. Disclaimer....I didnt have back/spine damage either, just out of shape.
Your core kind of holds everything together the stronger it is the better

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Situps every morning. I use to have back problems then I met a 75 year old professor. This guy had teen ager abs. He told me that I needed to strengthen my core. I didn't really understand what he was talking about but started doing situps everyday. After sometime 8-10 months I didnt have anymore back pain. Disclaimer....I didnt have back/spine damage either, just out of shape.
I limit myself to 1 sit-up a day. I start it in the morning and finish it when I go back to bed. So far I’ve down around 10,200 sit-ups and I feel good for it ;)

I dont recall an "oh crap I hurt myself "moment. Couldn't point to a cause. He suspects sciatica due to the location and kind of pain. Right lower back/hip. The pain is sharp and will shoot up the spine and down the buttocks and right leg. Its enough to stop me in my tracks, I'd put the pain at a 7. It occasionally will calm down or increase to an 8 or 9 depending on the day
I'm sorry to hear that.
You're going through some intense pain then and probably having trouble sleeping.
I know how you feel.
There was a time that I was totally crippled by a sacroiliac injury. My loving Dad took care of me while I was on my back.
When I was better, by God's grace, but before I even had time for my atrophied muscles to strengthen, I did over 100 modified extra hard push ups to test myself to make sure that I was ok! That's more than I could do BEFORE the injury. Somehow I was not even out of breath. That's not bragging. That's just how strong I was at the time after being confined to bed to prove that I was %+++.
The way that I recovered is too involved for a forum post. However, I fully recovered . If you want to discuss what I did to recover, feel free to PM me. I will check back tonight.
Whatever you do, I wish you the best!

Combat Advantage

Latest posts