• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Back pain anyone?

Aracnoenthusiast

3 Year Member
Who else here suffers from back pain? What do you do to ease or fix it? Mine is the lower back/hip. All I can do is get up and move to help it, not always easy.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Experts/therapists say that lying upside down in a slanted vertical position helps align your spine, which in turn could alleviate back pain. It's also good for blood flow to the brain. :)

Lentulus

3 Year Member
Mine comes and goes. Getting up and exercising seems to help. Keeping things loose and tenderized. Prolonged periods of “resting” my back seem to only make it worse. A friend of mine offered this almost useless but amusing statement when I was complaining about it. “After 30, your body starts talking to you.” :beer:

Volkswachter

Back and hip pain can be cured with yoga; there are several poses which are very good at opening the lower back and hips.
1: baddha konasana
IMG_0544-e1488779087994.jpg
For this pose, put the soles of your feet together and pull them inward; only make the pose as tight as you can while keeping your back straight; don't over do it. Inhale and, bending at the hips, lean forward and hold the stretch for 3-4 breaths

2: balakasana
unnamed.jpg
For this pose; start in a kneeling position and, bending at the hips, lower your body forward until you are roughly in the pictured position. Take a deep breath and allow your forehead to move towards the floor; chances are, if you're doing the pose right, you will not be able to touch the floor with your forehead yet; but it will stretch your back very well.

3: virabhadrasana

Virabhadrasana-1-1531.jpg

This pose is pretty self-explanatory but the important thing is to keep your hips facing forward and focus on your lower back

You can also follow along with this video

Aracnoenthusiast

3 Year Member
I have added some new stretch and strength exercises to my routine in an effort to help ease the pain. I'm also going to order an inversion table. Until it arrives I will cuddle up with my ibuprofen.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have added some new stretch and strength exercises to my routine in an effort to help ease the pain. I'm also going to order an inversion table. Until it arrives I will cuddle up with my ibuprofen.

The chairs they use at the chiropractors office works wonders! I have been to a chiropractor and I enjoyed everything except for the electrical currents they use when they put these electrodes on your back. Not sure what the therapy is called but electricity and I DO NOT get along, lol.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Situps every morning. I use to have back problems then I met a 75 year old professor. This guy had teen ager abs. He told me that I needed to strengthen my core. I didn't really understand what he was talking about but started doing situps everyday. After sometime 8-10 months I didnt have anymore back pain. Disclaimer....I didnt have back/spine damage either, just out of shape.

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Situps every morning. I use to have back problems then I met a 75 year old professor. This guy had teen ager abs. He told me that I needed to strengthen my core. I didn't really understand what he was talking about but started doing situps everyday. After sometime 8-10 months I didnt have anymore back pain. Disclaimer....I didnt have back/spine damage either, just out of shape.
That sounds like what I have to do! :) I am not kidding....

SpooderSpinner

When I get back pain it tends to be either due to tension or because I'm not moving enough. I normally walk to work, so since I'm working from home due to COVID I try to at least get out and walk around the block every day to get that gentle exercise in.

For tension, I learned a great exercise in a yoga class that I try to do when I feel tight. You verrry slowwwwly bend over at the waist, letting the tension out of each vertebra in turn. Start with the base of your neck, then your shoulders, then chest, etc. Then slowwwwwly lift back up to standing. I find that I carry a *lot* of tension in my hips and have to keep waiting for more tension in my lower back to release when I think I've bent over all the way.

Aracnoenthusiast

3 Year Member
My dr called and has strong suspicions that it is the sciatic nerve. Time to research that I suppose. I've always been pretty active. Already have a 4 day a week workout routine. Hope I can make some updates and keep going

Who else here suffers from back pain? What do you do to ease or fix it? Mine is the lower back/hip. All I can do is get up and move to help it, not always easy.
Ive had extreme spinal injuries, but thank God, no severed nerves. Various times and back injuries. The joke of a man walking down the street and a piano falls on his head? That was me, except it wasn't a piano. I hope to write a book on the strange accidents, injuries, and healings some day. Some chapters are completed, but much more to do.
That said, the source/ cause of back pain is where you need to start. From there are further steps.

Do you know what caused the pain?

My dr called and has strong suspicions that it is the sciatic nerve. Time to research that I suppose. I've always been pretty active. Already have a 4 day a week workout routine. Hope I can make some updates and keep going
I think we posted at the same time since I missed this. Why does he suspect sciatica?
Where exactly is the pain and how severe on a scale of 1-10, 10 being unbearable.

Latest posts