• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Avicularia minatrix care?

laMort

3 Year Member
Hello!
I might get an avicularia minatrix sling soon. If any of you have any experience with this species, I'd be very thankful for your help.
How often do you spray their tanks with water etc.?
Uhh, I'm so nerverous, I don't want to mess anything up.
Thanks! :)

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have a bunch of them. They're pretty easy. IMO one of the easier avics. I don't spray, I just pour a bottle cap full of water into the substrate twice a month.
The only thing you need to be careful about is keeping them clean. Just make sure bolus' and poop are cleaned and removed when you see them.

laMort

3 Year Member
I just searched a.minatrix images from google because I'm bored and.. I don't think mine is an a.minatrix. Unless they look that blue as slings.

Attachments

• megatarantel.jpg
    megatarantel.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 139

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Camera flashes can do weird things to the color of the tarantulas, either dulling or intensifying the colors. With that being said, id'ing Avics can be a major PITA.

laMort

3 Year Member
They do look blue, one is lighter blue, and the one who molted recently is really dark, almost blackish blue

#Angela#

3 Year Member
I have a minatrix sling and two versicolors. The versis are blue. The minatrix is light brown with tiger stripes on her abdomen. She has dark brown toe tips. I got all my slings from Jamie's tarantulas, so I trust the identification. I did a google search and found this photo of a minatrix. This is just like what my baby looks like. Hope this helps!!!
image.jpg

laMort

3 Year Member
My tarantulas are a bit bigger. They do have tiger stripes on abdomen, but other parts of their body are completely blue. Thanks for replying! :)

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I personally do not recommend ANY Avicularia to a novice keeper, since they often don't last very long in their hands due to improper keeping conditions. Seeing as you already have a versicolor however, and you seem to be doing pretty good with it, that doesn't really matter. Care is similar for all Avics.

Latest posts