• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Aphonopelma no longer hiding in burrow?

Redmcki

So I have three Aphonopelma from different regions of Mexico that have made substantial burrows but no longer retreat when I disturb them is this normal as they get older or is something wrong with the conditions? They are 1.5-2 inches my enclosures are 4x8x4 WxLxH
IMG_1407.jpeg

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Many T's do retreat less as they get larger. I have adult two seemani's, one is always out, the other one not very often. Both of my chalcodes are always out, the same with my sp. michoacan.

Jeef

3 Year Member
I have a few Aphonopelmas that will bury themselves in the fall and not come out until spring. Don't be surprised if they go back to their burrows full time when it starts cooling off more.

CallieW311

So I have three Aphonopelma from different regions of Mexico that have made substantial burrows but no longer retreat when I disturb them is this normal as they get older or is something wrong with the conditions? They are 1.5-2 inches my enclosures are 4x8x4 WxLxHView attachment 71327
It seems like many terrestrial Ts stay out in the open I'm their enclosure as they get bigger. You said they have a burrow, so, unless there is a rogue meal worm or something in there (and they are in premolt), they prob just want to be out.

Latest posts