• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Advice on my two options

IMAGINE1391

3 Year Member
I’m looking to order a GBB sling tonight from Fear Not Tarantualas. They have Two options for the GBB. I can either get the complete package for $85 that includes a 1 and 1/2 inch sling, an enclosure for the sling for the next 6 weeks, and 2 weeks food supply. It also comes with a beginners guide and a few other things I believe.

The other option is $40 just for the sling. I am a beginner for the most part but I have done research what to get for these Tarantualas. But it might just be more convenient to go the other route. What would you guys recommend?

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi, if you have read up then you will be able to source your own suitable enclosure (secure and side ventilation), coco fibre, water dish (only needs to be a drinks lid) and a hide and some plastic plants. job done. I am no expert on US$ as I am in the UK but I would have thought all that I just listed would not cost you double what the T does. Forget care sheets. waste of time. Best advice you can get is from this forum's members. At the end of the day it is what you feel comfortable with and a GBB is agreed choice they are stunning. check out mine on my profile pic :):T:. Whatever you decide, we love to see pics....just sayin...lol

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My only thought is that I like to have my container ready before the T arrives and you can't do that if they arrive together.

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
The other option to keep the convenience factor would be to add the enclosure a la carte with the spider for a total of $55. I’d get the food locally and you don’t need their care information. You have this place for that!

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
And would a small critter keeper be sufficient for a 1” sling?
Cut up mealworms, prekilled crickets and small dubias or B. lateralis. As for the enclosure, a 16 oz deli cup will suffice. A small kritter keeper would probably be too large, due to the vent size. At 2.5 DLS it should be suitable.

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
If you have a Container Store around you, AMAC boxes are the best. Depending on size they are $1-3. You have to add your own ventilation with a drill or soldering iron but they are cheap and work great.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Could I eventually put a GBB in a Ten gallon terrarium?
10 gallon is a bit large for this species. 5 gallon is better, provided you replace those awful screen tops with acrylic. Large kritter keepers and sterilite bins are what I would go for as they function better for tarantulas.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Could I eventually put a GBB in a Ten gallon terrarium?
Yep...
15336858906838066334664961235659.jpg

Last edited: