• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. versicolor sling setup

LeahThomas

3 Year Member
Hey guys, I'm expecting my first A. versicolor sling to arrive tomorrow morning... Here's the set up so far.

I'm thinking about putting maybe a stick or two in there (after sanitizing, of course), but I was curious as to what you guys think of it. Are there enough holes? I know avics need a lot of ventilation, I was thinking about putting more holes in the top of the lid but figured I should ask you guys first. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2456.jpg
    IMG_2456.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 103
  • IMG_2457.jpg
    IMG_2457.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 85
  • IMG_2458.jpg
    IMG_2458.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 88

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
uploadfromtaptalk1394641690302.jpg

Hello
This is what I meant with my new way of doing Avicularia sling enclosures/habitats,now I don't bother the Avic if it webs up the top of its enclosure. I can mist through the vents as well, pop off the bottom and add food. I have been adapting the enclosures to see what works best, and after trying more I will formulate a set way for Avicularia.

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have tested this so far on the following
- Avicularia Purpurea x 3
- Avicularia Avicularia x 1
- Avicularia Laeta x 1
- Avicularia sp. Peru purple x 1
- Avicularia Bicegoi x 1
- Avicularia Versi Color x 1
All the above are small slings,and one is around 7cm maybe 8cm.

Last edited:

LeahThomas

3 Year Member
Oooo I like that! Are your lids a bit bigger than the actual container and the container just sits on top of it, but isn't actually secured to the lid? Sorry if that's a stupid question haha that's what it kind of looks like in the picture.

LeahThomas

3 Year Member
Martin I LOVE that setup! I'd quickly change mine if my little versi hadn't already started webbing up and making it home. It hasn't spun anything on the lid so I'm not too concerned about ruining a web at the moment. Once a rehousing is called for though I will definitely set something up like yours. It's awesome!

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Martin I LOVE that setup! I'd quickly change mine if my little versi hadn't already started webbing up and making it home. It hasn't spun anything on the lid so I'm not too concerned about ruining a web at the moment. Once a rehousing is called for though I will definitely set something up like yours. It's awesome!
Thank you for the kind words, its just something I'm trying differently.

Latest posts