• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A little advice please?

Bree Castrat

3 Year Member
Hey guys! So I am hoping to get some advice on what I should do for my little girl Charlotte. After she molted she became to big for her tube web but she would still squeeze herself into it, until it finally couldn't take her new size anymore and split wide open. My poor baby has been clearly upset by this and it breaks my heart! I was thinking she might try to fix it or would start a new one but she hasn't done so yet. I'm wondering if I should remove the tattered remains of her webbing so she might rebuild in the same spot? But I don't want to upset her any more than she already is... Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20130522_175900.jpg
    IMG_20130522_175900.jpg
    398.5 KB · Views: 16

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Don't worry, she will get over it and sort it out for herself. I wrecked king Solomons once getting a skin out of it. He sulked.for a while then made another one. Its not life threatening.

Kurt Nelson

3 Year Member
My Avic's have never webbed up the enclosure unless they were about to molt. So you could be waiting for a while, but each T is different. I have an Avic that has recently webbed up the door to her enclosure so I have to break the web every time I feed or water her. Sucks, but it's her fault. :p