1. Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A gigas African Giant Milipede

Discussion in 'Invertebrate Pet Talk' started by Scoolman, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Hisserdude

Hisserdude Well-Known Member

Yes, those are to be expected in AGBs. Kinda like the symbiotic mites the Madagascan hissing roaches have, they are harmless and don't seem to stress out their hosts. Grain/soil mites however, are a completely different story. :mad:
    MassExodus likes this.
  2. ALD

ALD Active Member

I totally love Millipedes. I have to ask- what substrate do you use?
  3. Sage Exotics

Sage Exotics Member

Oh, a dry season? I’m getting one in October, and I thought I read all the existing care sheets, what do I need to do for this dry season?
  4. Entity

Entity Well-Known Member 3 Year Member 1,000+ Post Club

What about with scorpions and centipedes? I have mites in their cages pretty bad. I let them dry out, but the mites are always there. Will putting isopods in with them help get rid of the mites?
  5. Sage Exotics

Sage Exotics Member

I don’t think isopoda help much with mites, you can buy predatory mites to to the job for you, they’re tiny red bugs that kill the mites and then kill each other, they work wonderfully for mites.
  6. Sage Exotics

Sage Exotics Member

I’ve heard coconut fibre works well, I have a tank set up and that’s what I’m using, I haven’t actually gotten a millipede yet so I don’t know how well it actually works.