• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A few questions about Tarantula's

InternetSwag

3 Year Member
A9W11ZA.jpg

LfxNI9Y.jpg

He molted like 2 hours ago.
Smithi with really Orange

Nunua

3 Year Member
Yeah, I despise chopping meal worms. Crickets too keep moving even when decapitated. Had an awful situation once when my littlest sling got the head end of the cricket (it was pretty much just the head,) and the t in the next enclosure got the other end and both parts were moving. Legs still flapping and mouthparts still wiggling. I felt quite disturbed about it, it made me feel like a terrible person!!
Then there is me, who don't even bother to cut the mealworms.. I just rip them in the pieces with tongs and toss the pieces into the enclosures.

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Misspelled it. Lol. It's ginsu. I remember these commercials clearly growing up!

Wow, never heard of it before. Trouble is, now I've watched that commercial they've convinced me I need all those gadgets haha. I'm glad I'm not loaded as half an hour watching a shopping channel and I'll be suckered into ordering everything lol

E

ExMember

Wow, never heard of it before. Trouble is, now I've watched that commercial they've convinced me I need all those gadgets haha. I'm glad I'm not loaded as half an hour watching a shopping channel and I'll be suckered into ordering everything lol

Sounds like me at a reptile expo :eek:

InternetSwag

3 Year Member
I was shipped a very very small T. It was sooo small, the smallest I've ever seen.
It was about the size of an ant.
Surely you cannot ship T's this small?

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
I was shipped a very very small T. It was sooo small, the smallest I've ever seen.
It was about the size of an ant.
Surely you cannot ship T's this small?

That made me chuckle as a couple of my slings were that small when I first had them, including my LP. Probably 2nd or 3rd instar. They basically start selling them as soon as they can eat.

E

ExMember

That made me chuckle as a couple of my slings were that small when I first had them, including my LP. Probably 2nd or 3rd instar. They basically start selling them as soon as they can eat.

I thought my little 1/2" slings were small. Then I got my Brachypelma albiceps that is supposed to be a 1/4" but I doubt that. It is so small that I can't even find it half the time. You can barely see it if it isn't in premolt!

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
I thought my little 1/2" slings were small. Then I got my Brachypelma albiceps that is supposed to be a 1/4" but I doubt that. It is so small that I can't even find it half the time. You can barely see it if it isn't in premolt!

You know they are tiny when you're casting your eyes around the enclosure looking for them, and then you realise they were crounching down right in front of you the whole time, blending in with a speck of substrate haha ;)

InternetSwag

3 Year Member
View attachment 43697

My boy here buried himself. Been sitting like this for 36 hours. Probably trying to use gravity to assist with a molt idk
So he molted 4 days ago.
I put a worm on top of the soil and it burrowed exactly into that space where the spooder was hanging. But now he'd already molted and was chilling there.
He attacked the worm and dragged it into the burrow. But then the worm did the rolley thing and he left it. And it burrowed away.
Will it die? I saw bite marks.
Is my T injured? The Worm was a bit smaller than him so I was very surprised to see it escape

Latest posts