• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

8 things I love about ts

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Mostly I get pleasure from watching them eat, the different methods of catching there prey and the dance while dinner is being devoured.
After dinner I love the washing and grooming, again there are several different techniques or my largest b smithi uses 3 legs at a time and appears to really scrub himself where my biggest g porteri uses one leg and tends to pat himself.
Moulting. Some of us think biology gave humans a hard time but imagine wriggling out of yourself!
Burrowing. It looks like hard work but they always make it look so neat
Webs. Amazing to see and apparently one of the strongest things on earth is spider silk, you gotta admire that!
Huge variety of coloursts and markings, I think everyone has different ideas of which is the most beautiful.
Climbing skills, well I couldn't run up a tree!
Personalities. Every one of my ts have something about there character that makers them different from the others, I have cheeky, shy, bold, greedy, and the list goes on....

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I love the way they walk...just looks darn cool!
Yeh that is really cool, specially the way some slings strut about like "I'm a big scarry spider." My smallest t, "money spider" sort of hurtles everywhere, he's nuts.

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm so looking forward to having slings! I remember when I got my first Leopard gecko...she was so tiny; about 2" from nose to tail. Anytime I'd go near her tank she'd stand on her tippy toes and hiss at me...cracked me up every time LOL. I can imagine baby T's being entertaining like that lol

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm so looking forward to having slings! I remember when I got my first Leopard gecko...she was so tiny; about 2" from nose to tail. Anytime I'd go near her tank she'd stand on her tippy toes and hiss at me...cracked me up every time LOL. I can imagine baby T's being entertaining like that lol
Lol, that's well funny a lot of slings are like that, I reckon there mums tell them that humans are scared of them and they must think its hilarious, could be more to do with there poor vision but I prefer my version of events.

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
thankyou. I can't wait til you get some slings, you will have so much fun watching them, have you considered a tiny rose hair?
OMG get out of my head!! That's too funny that you said that, because I was just looking around my area for Rosie slings (I actually just got off the phone with one shop lol)! I know they take forever to grow, but that's ok by me! So far no luck (seems to only be WC adults around), but I've got a couple more shops to try. I did find one that has 1.5" B.albo in stock though.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
OMG get out of my head!! That's too funny that you said that, because I was just looking around my area for Rosie slings (I actually just got off the phone with one shop lol)! I know they take forever to grow, but that's ok by me! So far no luck (seems to only be WC adults around), but I've got a couple more shops to try. I did find one that has 1.5" B.albo in stock though.
Yes they grow slowly but that is a good thing I have heard of bad tempered ones but mine have all been really sweet and they are intelligent

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I mite go and get myself a king wenceslas at the weekend they probably still have loads of avics where Midas, Solomon and Herod came from and they have lovely personalities.......

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My tiny Ginny stands with her butt straight up in the air and actually has gone into defensive mode a few times while I have been placing food. It cracks me up! She and Scarlett are my smallest slings, coming in at under a half inch (about 125mm).

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I saw 3 Rosie slings today but didn't buy them as I was on the way to the stables and Didn't want to leave them in the car for ages while I did horses dinner and rugs etc. if they are still there tomorrow I will be bringing them home, they are so gorgeous, bigger than money, su and Rapunzel, they would cover my thumb nail with there legs stretched out. They still have twenty a avics I assume they are from the same egg sac as my 3 as they are all around the same size and all arrived in the shop the same time. Bast I really hope you get a couple of slings soon, they are hilarious and they do think they are scarey.

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I saw 3 Rosie slings today but didn't buy them as I was on the way to the stables and Didn't want to leave them in the car for ages while I did horses dinner and rugs etc. if they are still there tomorrow I will be bringing them home, they are so gorgeous, bigger than money, su and Rapunzel, they would cover my thumb nail with there legs stretched out. They still have twenty a avics I assume they are from the same egg sac as my 3 as they are all around the same size and all arrived in the shop the same time. Bast I really hope you get a couple of slings soon, they are hilarious and they do think they are scarey.
Yay for more babies! I'm slowly resigning myself to the idea that I will have to either wait for new babies until the Reptile show comes in March or when the weather warms up and I can get a bunch of different ones shipped at once. The impatience in me does not like this idea lol

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I wish I could bring some over for you, I have loads of shops near me and in all honesty a lot of the ts in some shops really do need a good home. It broke my heart seeing all them Avics today. They have been in that shop for months they should be playing in a jungle or at least in a warn clean enclosure with food and water and things to climb on, not in a tiny pot with nothing.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It is so sad, wouldn't surprise me if most of them are stuck there until they die. My ones seemed so grateful to come with me and move into there new homes. They have got little hollowed out logs which they really love, they are so easily pleased, I want to buy them all. Maybe I can see how many are left in the new year and bring a couple home. If I could send them over for you bast and DB you would have such lovely pets.

Latest posts