• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

03Arachnids Pre-Import - Order and Received Dates

Scubasteve

3 Year Member
I know I'm not the only one that is still waiting for their pre-import order from 03Arachnids. I think the biggest thing that we all want to know is 'When can I expect my order?'. I was thinking people could share the date they placed their order and the date they received their order (or the day it was shipped out, doesn't matter). My hope is to get a rough idea of when people can expect their order since they are shipping them out by the date they were placed. I'm still waiting on my order that was placed on May 28th, anyone after this date most likely hasn't received their order either. I also added to my existing order on September 11th so I'm not sure if this changed my place in line.

After getting updates from Austin early on it's clear they're just a small operation and are up to their eyeballs in orders. I'm not interested in starting drama or having people complain, just share the dates you ordered and when you received them.

Thanks In Advance :)

Steve

ThatGuy83

I ordered on Aug 1st.

Wow you've been waiting since may?

Since they are so under water with orders you would think they would either stop taking orders or hire someone to help them catch up.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Austin is a good guy....hands down, one of the best people I have dealt with in this hobby. He always follows through and keeps his word. Something would have to be terribly wrong for him not to......I don't, however, trust one of the guys he imports from....I have my own reasons and yes, I have dealt with him personally. He is a crook and a con. I don't know who he is importing from now, though, as I am sure he has several exporters that he deals with. As far as Austin is concerned, I trust him 100%. He is probably overwhelmed by all the back orders. If I lived near him I'd help him pack and ship, lol.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Austin is a good guy....hands down, one of the best people I have dealt with in this hobby. He always follows through and keeps his word. Something would have to be terribly wrong for him not to......I don't, however, trust one of the guys he imports from....I have my own reasons and yes, I have dealt with him personally. He is a crook and a con. I don't know who he is importing from now, though, as I am sure he has several exporters that he deals with. As far as Austin is concerned, I trust him 100%. He is probably overwhelmed by all the back orders. If I lived near him I'd help him pack and ship, lol.
I think what many don't realize is he also works full time on top of having a family and one of the most jaw dropping collections I've seen in pictures.

I've been buying from Austin since before 03arachnids even existed (the website).

Scubasteve

3 Year Member

That’s why I decided to go ahead with my pre-import order because he had nothing but glowing reviews everywhere. Thank you for the feedback though this helps put my mind more at ease that it’ll all work out.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I think what many don't realize is he also works full time on top of having a family and one of the most jaw dropping collections I've seen in pictures.

I've been buying from Austin since before 03arachnids even existed (the website).

Me too. He pretty much owns his own company and I'm not just talking about 03Arachnids....or his dad owns it and he runs it. I couldn't imagine being in his shoes right now....busy doesn't describe it. He is on work overload.

Scubasteve

3 Year Member

Definitely something that helps put things in perspective that this is a side hustle. Thanks for the input, nice to see you guys all have a good relationship with him and there’s a lot of trust there.

Bsaile

Like Casey said Austin is a great person was overwhelmed. Also what happened is that the import that he was sent had loads of DOAs that cant just be replaced on top of his one employee killing a bunch more from neglect. So he couldnt fulfill a lot of orders and has peoples money tied up in it that has to come out of his own pocket. Probably the worst outcome to 11 months of waiting and being extremely excited for my Ts. He is going to refund me once he is financially able to. He always makes things right even at his own expense and has always been a pleasure to deal with so I'm not worried about a thing.

Scubasteve

3 Year Member
Like Casey said Austin is a great person was overwhelmed. Also what happened is that the import that he was sent had loads of DOAs that cant just be replaced on top of his one employee killing a bunch more from neglect. So he couldnt fulfill a lot of orders and has peoples money tied up in it that has to come out of his own pocket. Probably the worst outcome to 11 months of waiting and being extremely excited for my Ts. He is going to refund me once he is financially able to. He always makes things right even at his own expense and has always been a pleasure to deal with so I'm not worried about a thing.
I got an email from him back at the end of October explaining the situation. I appreciate you sharing the info on here and again, it makes me feel better everyone keeps saying he will make things right.

Latest posts