• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Who's molted today

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
One of my B. Hamorri girls molting out in the open....
20170706_200704.jpg

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Grammostola rosea, Ember, flipped last night just before I went to bed and by the time I checked on her a few minutes ago was happily strutting around showing off its new clothes.
Some of you may remember that Ember was the first sling I bought off eBay, this was her arrival https://tarantulaforum.com/threads/new-g-rosea-bought-off-ebay.6527/

Just flipped
DSCF4740 (2).JPG

New outfit (water bowl is now full)
DSCF4743 (2).JPG

sdsnybny

3 Year Member
View attachment 28911 View attachment 28912 My P. regalis large beautiful male just underwent his ultimate molt. He’s now 7.5 “. Look at the length of those palps.
Does anyone have a girlfriend I can ship him to??
@WolfSpider
Is it me or does everybody else see that's not a mature male??? I don't see swollen palps or enboli??
If you can check the discarded molt at that size it could be a female.

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@WolfSpider
Is it me or does everybody else see that's not a mature male??? I don't see swollen palps or enboli??
If you can check the discarded molt at that size it could be a female.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but a freshly molted Pokie specimen, if male and an ultimate molt, won’t show swollen pedipalps immediately. I guess it could be a female—the ventral shot is all I got. But a breeder confirmed male. Those skinny legs also suggest male. But...then again, this one is HUGE. Gonzo molted in a bent upright 45 degree angle and the molt was completely infolded and unreadable.

Latest posts