• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Who's molted today

Reptisect

3 Year Member
20230506_194209.jpg

P. regalis just molted.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My Orphnaecus sp negros, , has moulted in the last couple of weeks but I hadn't noticed it until I fed her today. I was surprised to see her out and about but not able too grab a decent pic of her before she shot down the hole to the bottom left, the old exo is top right.

DSCF6451 (2).JPG

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Three molts found last night as we fed.
1. Juvi Chaetopelma olivaceum.
2. Young female Cyriopagopus lividus.
3. sling. Aphonopelma anax.

Tonight I thought my Linothele fallax had died, but instead, I pulled out a few bits of a molt. Movement seen inside the webbing.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I found another moult that has happened in the last few days. This one from my Heteroscodra maculata, Akan.

Lousy pic but there's so much web. Legs of T are bottom left with moult above.
DSCF6484 (2).JPG

Randal M.

My P. Regalis molted again two days ago. It lost a leg when it was a tiny sling. This is its third molt since losing it. It grew the limb back but its always just a slightly smaller and non functional leg. It grows, but stays pretty much smaller in the same proportion to the rest of it legs. It's almost as if I called it because I was worried it would always molt this smaller gimped version of a leg. Anyone else ever experience this? I almost wish it would drop the leg and start a new one all over again. It's still just a tiny sling, maybe 2.5" but the leg doesn't seem to progress.

Anthony York

3 Year Member
I can't see anything pretty sure this psalmopoeus victori is a male I'm sure if you zone in on the molt it will get blurry I'll try and get a better one in the next few days I'll might have to actually get my microscope out

Attachments

• 20230611_065523.jpg
    20230611_065523.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
One of my H. villosella slings molted. I might have to do a rehouse pretty soon. Hoping I can keep it in its current enclosure at least until July 30th when the next expo comes around and I can get a few more enclosures similar to what my millipedes are in.

Latest posts