• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Which one?

Ethel Webster

3 Year Member
Today, I found a bargain tank in a charity shop that I just couldn't refuse! Am thinking of getting either an Emilia, Boehmei or Smithi. It's 30cm wide, 20cm deep and 20cm high. Would this tank be OK for any of these 3? I already have 2 Versicolor slings and would like a terrestrial T that I will get to see sat out rather than a 'pet hole'.

Attachments

• 20171012_114237.jpg
    20171012_114237.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 38

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Good choice. I would have said any of the Brachypelmas are good. I have 1 Emelia, 3 Hamorii (ex smithi) and have an albiceps arriving this weekend.

Cody-Myles

3 Year Member
Omg that's the best tank ever!, I just cant ever find any in charity shops and the cost of these things is obscene full price. I mostly check eBay and schpock for cheapo ones.
My latest T was a B.Vagans (red rump) but she's smaller than my little fingernail so I can't tell how she will behave yet unfortunately, flighty at her young age though.
Doesn't help I know cus it isn't one you listed in the options [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ethel Webster

3 Year Member
Just a little update! Since I posted this, I have picked up a Hamorii juvenile, an Emilia sling and a B. Albop Nicaragua juvenile. Now on the search for a B. Auratum! Nothing is big enough to go in that tank yet.

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Just a little update! Since I posted this, I have picked up a Hamorii juvenile, an Emilia sling and a B. Albop Nicaragua juvenile. Now on the search for a B. Auratum! Nothing is big enough to go in that tank yet.
....and that Children is the sad tale of an addict....unfortunately, one of many....let it be a cautionary tale.