• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Where are you located?

TJB13

3 Year Member
Come on over! Still lots of room. I agree I can only handle big cities for short periods at a time. Grew up in a small village that no one would have heard of.

Sonicookie

3 Year Member
I live in Wyoming, the frozen desert. I live I a bit of an oasis, but it's the middle of nowhere nonetheless. Tomorrow it will probably be ninety degrees in the house, but the day after that it'll be snowing in the morning.Then at about five PM, all the snow will melt and it'll be sixty degrees.
But I was born here, and it's my home. I've hardly been anywhere else. At least we have jackalopes.
(I only learned that other places thought jackalopes weren't real until a few months ago. But they're so real!)

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
South Texas, south of san Antonio, I've been here over 20 years and cannot tolerate high heat and humidity. I spent seven of my formative years in Alaska, which nothing will ever compare to ever. Canada is nice, very nice, but Alaska..you can get seriously lost and in trouble 50 miles from a town(if you're not educated and prepared) That's Gods country. You could almost call the wilds of Alaska a religious experience..except its much more real, and visceral. I have ties here, but I'll go back, one day. I want to die in Gods country. In the mean time, I'm enjoying the fauna here, if not the scenery. Fenced off squares of owned land, everywhere..scrub, mesquite, brush and red Texas dirt. I have to admit its growing on me...lol. This is honestly a reptiles and inverts paradise.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Central Idaho here. Small resort community where everything is overpriced but I love it. 20 minute walk easy or 30 minute walk west and I'm in the foothills of the sawtooth mountain range.

And jackalopes.... lol haven't heard about those in a while. Got an uncle in Wyoming that would send my cousin's wannabe boyfriends out hunting for them. Can't catch one can't date his daughter.

Probably why she's 40s and never married, still waiting for a jackalope... sad part is the boys were from Wyoming also, you'd have thought they knew...

Latest posts