• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What's the longest molt you've seen for a sling under 1/2" DLS?

I was wondering what's the longest anyone here has had a molt take for spiderling under 1/2" in size?

I ask because while checking on my spiderlings this morning my A. chalcodes who is very tiny was beginning their molt. I didn't disturb them or touch anything, just my normal morning peeking through the top of deli cups and vials. Didn't think too much of it except for noticing they were molting upright and thinking "Oh sweet, finally!" and went about my day. Its now late enough in the evening that my toddler is in bed, and I'm settling down to wander the forums in between working on homework. Remembered they were molting and decided to peek and see if they were doing that cute post molt stretch yet and nada. No progress whatsoever. Still in the just popped the carapace and sitting there phase. I know there's nothing you can do that early into a molt anyways if they're stuck, so I'm just waiting it out and going to check in the morning to see where we're at.

I personally haven't ever had a sling that was under an inch take more than several hours previously without some kind of progress. So I have a feeling its a bad molt and my first sling death, but figured I'd go and see what's the longest anyone slings have taken from start to finish at that size in the meantime while I wait. I tried searching for it and got threads on adults, and threads on times in between molts, but nothing on slings this small.

Checked this morning, and as I expected, still no progress. They are definitely gone, and probably were before I noticed they were still molting. I've never lost a sling before, just adults from old age and once an accident, so this stinks.