• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What's my T doing?

Ibnhamar

Just out of curiosity, Can anyone tell what my sling is doing? Haven't seen it doing this before, cleaning itself or something? The movement caught my eye so I grabbed my red light headlamp, but I know it's still hard to see amongst the moss. Not concerned or anything, just wondering what sort of function it's performing with all this fang movement. Still new so forgive my naivite

Attachments

• IMG_7666.MOV
    34.2 MB

tarantulas118

Your T is preening,cleaning, and grooming itself. tarantula s are actually really clean animals and the way they clean themselves is almost hypnotizing. Nothing to worry about, it might even put its legs underneath its fangs but it’s ok if it’s doing it’s just cleaning it’s legs.
here’s a video of my tarantula preening

and here is my other tarantula preening

Jeef

3 Year Member
I can watch them do that all day long. I love the look you get from non-tarantula people when you explain they clean themselves kinda like a cat does.

Latest posts