• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What species could this spider be?

LC72uk

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yep. I know a trooper that got bit in the leg, by the time he drove himself to the ER he was crying in pain. He said it was the worst thing he's ever experienced in his life, his leg looked freakin horrible. They ain't no joke.
And you can never tell if a Rattler is having a good or a bad day, they are P****d off 24/7:D, had a couple of Pygmy Rattlers at one point, they are feisty and pack a huge punch for their size, their Venom is concentrated.

Pasodama

3 Year Member
Venomous snakes ... love so many, of them, and quite a few are gorgeous!
Cobras are one of my favorites among the venomous. Beautiful and intelligent.
However, no matter my experience, with snakes, I would never have a venomous in my own collection (& will just continue to admire them, etc.). Well, not exactly, I do/would own rear fanged venomous snakes.;)
There are Venomous, in my state, but would be an extremely rare occurrence, to ever come across one, in the portion that I live in.

Marija

3 Year Member
That is a pretty cool looking spider.
Nice that you figured out what it is.:)
Thanks :) I get surprised by how many spiders I find in my house. It's like we are meant to be :p
Last year I found a Lycosa tarantula in my kitchen, pretty big one it was. I've never seen one before so I kept it for a while and released it out once it got warmer outside.

Kole G

3 Year Member
Thanks :) I get surprised by how many spiders I find in my house. It's like we are meant to be [emoji14]
Last year I found a Lycosa tarantula in my kitchen, pretty big one it was. I've never seen one before so I kept it for a while and released it out once it got warmer outside.
I wish there was wild T's where I live! We do have alot of jumping spiders and wolf spiders. I've found some others that are pretty exotic looking but when I was younger. That's a nice find forsure. I'd say keep her!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Marija

3 Year Member
I wish there was wild T's where I live! We do have alot of jumping spiders and wolf spiders. I've found some others that are pretty exotic looking but when I was younger. That's a nice find forsure. I'd say keep her!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
It's not actually a T like the ones we own, rather looks like a big wolf spider (I think it even is an European wolf spider) but imagine my surprise walking into the kitchen and seeing a 6-7 cm big spider on the floor :D This is how it looked like (not my pic)
lycosa_genrus___charmander___by_annaksunamoon.jpg