• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Weird white film on plastic/acrylic enclosurers

Silver.macaroons

So I just started getting this weird white film on my exo terra breeding boxes and zilla micro habitat. It's not a scratch since I can easily wipe it off with a clean microfiber cloth but after a few minutes it comes back. It's on both the dry and humid enclosures so I don't think its humidity and it's mostly on the outsides but some on the insides too.

Attachments

• 20220127_142331.mp4
    10.8 MB
  • 20220127_142352.jpg
    20220127_142352.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
  • 20220127_142436.jpg
    20220127_142436.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 20

Silver.macaroons

Well I talked to a neighbor and it is from the humidifier... I never had that problem as I used to live somewhere with much softer water but I guess I now have to use purified water or something. Uhhhh this is so annoying!

goldenpumpkin

Unrelated but that zilla micro habitat was my first ever enclosure and I think the factory messed up on mine or something because it didn't even come with the lock like it was advertised and the quality was super poor :mad:

Silver.macaroons

Unrelated but that zilla micro habitat was my first ever enclosure and I think the factory messed up on mine or something because it didn't even come with the lock like it was advertised and the quality was super poor :mad:
Could you maybe contact the company about the missing lock? Maybe they will send you one. I too am disappointed in the quality but it fits my shelf so perfectly... I think I'm going to go with exo terra breeding boxes instead but I'm still undecided.

goldenpumpkin

Could you maybe contact the company about the missing lock? Maybe they will send you one. I too am disappointed in the quality but it fits my shelf so perfectly... I think I'm going to go with exo terra breeding boxes instead but I'm still undecided.
I've long since upgraded my T's enclosure to a much larger container, actually. But yes I suppose I could've done that. I honestly just didn't want to bother with it XD

TheInv4sion

If you use an ultra sonic humidifier with tap water it will leave white “dust” all over the place. I switched to an evaporative one for that reason

Latest posts