• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Water?

shatteredpast7

Hi, I just got my first scorpion, she is a female desert hairy. I'm wondering what the best method of watering is? I keep getting mixed answer's with water dish, misting, and sponge. What is the best and safest for the desert hairy? Thank you!
IMG_20220127_165252.jpg

supremebananus

I keep all of my scorpions including H. arizonensis with water dishes. I don’t put as much effort into keeping them full like I do with tarantulas though. I’ve seen nearly all my scorpions use their water dish. Some people also mist a corner maybe once a week so they can drink water droplets. Just don’t use sponges since they hold bacteria and don’t really offer accessible water.

shatteredpast7

I keep all of my scorpions including H. arizonensis with water dishes. I don’t put as much effort into keeping them full like I do with tarantulas though. I’ve seen nearly all my scorpions use their water dish. Some people also mist a corner maybe once a week so they can drink water droplets. Just don’t use sponges since they hold bacteria and don’t really offer accessible water.
Thank you! I think a shallow water dish is the way im going to go. I want to make sure she is safe and has a constant supply of water.

Latest posts