• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

very happy. but also still have questions

cameron137

3 Year Member
so after 2 and a half weeks of a versicolor not webbing, I put him in a jamies tarantula arboreal sling enclosure. Sure enough over the weekend he made himself a cool little funnel web at the top of the enclosure. So today is the start of the 4th week I've had him and he hasn't eaten yet. So 3 weeks of no food. And the pet store had him for 2 weeks, which means at least 5 weeks without a molt. I've tried live and prekilled pinheads in the bottom of his enclosure, of course removing them if he doesn't eat. But will he go down there if he's hungry? Maybe just not hungry and in premolt? He's a 3/4th inch avicularia versicolor sling.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Don't offer anything for a day or two and try again. Keep a clean water dish for it, might be premolt or just settling. Picture if your able?

Last edited:

cameron137

3 Year Member
yeah I offer every 2 days and I have a small water bottle cap full of water which I replace every time I try to feed. So my enclosure opens from the bottom so its very hard to put the cricket by its nest so I just put it in the bottom. Will he go down and eat or want his food in his web

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
With the Jamies enclosures I sit it upside down, then drop the food so it lands near the spiderlings. They won't fall and it makes it easier to feed. But yes usually they will get it.
image.jpeg

My fat versi baby is in there. Doesn't hurt them at all to upend it, just do it gently. Mine is a monster and will attack anything you give it food wise.

Last edited:

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
With the Jamies enclosures I sit it upside down, then drop the food so it lands near the spiderlings. They won't fall and it makes it easier to feed. But yes usually they will get it.
View attachment 17063
My fat versi baby is in there. Doesn't hurt them at all to upend it, just do it gently. Mine is a monster and will attack anything you give it food wise.
excellent advise with these enclosures @Kymura!

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I need that water dish, @Kymura ! What is it that you're using?
The bottom of one of those plastic ounce size cups. Like the ketchup cups at fast food places. I cut it down slightly melt the edge and rub it on the counter top to soften it :) cheap and handy as anything.
Check these--->
www.webstaurantstore.com/dart-solo-conex-complements-050pc-0-5-oz-translucent-plastic-souffle-portion-cup-125-pack/999050PC.html?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping&gclid=CjwKEAjw4dm6BRCQhtzl6Z6N4i0SJADFPu1nDqc7obBnB_Jk76Tyov90ZA-BUnvYzZ7IEad1A3R6JRoCeiHw_wcB

They come in all sizes too, for my bigger arboreals I put holes in one on the side of their enclosure and use a pipe cleaner to attach it. and then drop a second into it for them. Clean neat and easy. I'm old, I like easy :p

Last edited:

Latest posts