• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

URGENT Brachypelma emelia (boy or girl?)

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hahaha, me too! Phil knows how to work the system!
It's the scatter gun approach ☺ I know I can be a pest.....lol
I did think it was a girl (the editorial on the photo was before any mails from you or Casey) so I am trying.......VERY TRYING.......ha ha. Thanks again to you and Casey. X

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
UPDATE
Say hello to "Caprice" my lovely new Brachypelma emilia
Thank you to @Casey K. @Thistles and @Walter1 for your confirmation of being a girl
I hink she looks stunning!
20160917_113250.jpg

Nicolas C

3 Year Member
Thank you for tagging me Phil. I'm late on this one to confirm you she's indeed a beautiful female!

I can manage sexing a T with a molt, but I'm absolutely zero to do it with epiandrous fusillae or a ventral shot (even with the fine explanations I found in books or on the web): I still haven't understood how to do it, then I rely on Thistles or Casey when it's the case...!

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thank you for tagging me Phil. I'm late on this one to confirm you she's indeed a beautiful female!

I can manage sexing a T with a molt, but I'm absolutely zero to do it with epiandrous fusillae or a ventral shot (even with the fine explanations I found in books or on the web): I still haven't understood how to do it, then I rely on Thistles or Casey when it's the case...!

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk
You are welcome. Have helped before so my pleasure in tagging you. And another positive sexing so I am pretty sure that Caprice will be a name that sticks now.....lol

Latest posts