• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Updates

AndrewBush89

3 Year Member
I've gotten three moults out of each my slings I have with four more due anytime. Sexed my obt to be male but that's ok the rest are two small yet I'm hoping my g.roses sling is a male. Hoping I got one of each for my curly hairs. My dubia collonie is finally breading got one prego female so far. I want to get in to the breeding for locals here I ln Iowa so hopefully in the future my hopes will become reality. Its crazy just a few months ago the thought of anything with 8 legs was pretty terrifying and now I can't believe how amazing they are

AndrewBush89

3 Year Member
Since I got them I've grown quit fond of them I am currently looking for a fresh male g. Rosea for my adult female I was hoping my little one was a male but it looks like its a female which I'm not upset about but havnt been able to find a mature male yet

Thistles

3 Year Member
My brother-in-law is visiting and he won't even look at a picture of a tarantula, much less the real thing. Any tips from a former phobe for me to help him get over it?

Noobmatus

3 Year Member
My brother-in-law is visiting and he won't even look at a picture of a tarantula, much less the real thing. Any tips from a former phobe for me to help him get over it?
I think the best way to win anyone over to something like this is to show them something so beautiful that there not able to deny it for instance my dad doesn't really care for arachnids but even he can't deny the beauty of a p.met though it does help if you leave out the scary details for a later time things like venom speed etc just giving someone a glimpse of what you see often makes them want to dig a little deeper

Thistles

3 Year Member
I think the best way to win anyone over to something like this is to show them something so beautiful that there not able to deny it for instance my dad doesn't really care for arachnids but even he can't deny the beauty of a p.met though it does help if you leave out the scary details for a later time things like venom speed etc just giving someone a glimpse of what you see often makes them want to dig a little deeper
That seemed to work for my sister. He won't even go near them, though. Maybe I'll try pics of pretty ones. Thank you!

SasyStace

3 Year Member
my sister wouldn't even come into my hallway with my T collection until I showed her my GBB and AVIC and now she comes over once a week just to check them out... Even my co workers ask me about them now, you cannot deny the beauty that's for sure.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That seemed to work for my sister. He won't even go near them, though. Maybe I'll try pics of pretty ones. Thank you!
Id recommend jumping spiders. Even arachnophobic friends of mine are fascinated by them. And they have that cuteness factor..maybe show the pea**** doing his mating dance? There's one on YouTube with music added..too funny

AndrewBush89

3 Year Member
To be honest I wouldnt have even thought of facing my fear but my 6 year old is scared of almost all bugs and I figured if I couldn't get over my fears how could ask him to get over his now I own six and love them still nervous but I respect them and think they are less terrifying than before and my mature female rosea even though I don't purposely hold her every time I open her cage will crawl up on my hand while I spot clean. I do not however think holding them is smart cause they can get hurt if they fall but I would rather her be on my hand than getting out and not being able to find her.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Well if we can figure out the formula for this then maybe we can get my ol lady to come around...ive been trying to get her one but she wants no parts! she wont even come in the room when im feeding or doing maintenance. although she does look at them from time to time...which is better than she used to be.

Thistles

3 Year Member
My sister lived with me for a while, and although she doesn't love the Ts, she at least began to appreciate some of the pretty ones. She liked the suntigers best and her favorite color is purple, so my Lampropelma violaceopes was a hit. I showed her some of the ones I've gotten in the 2 years since she moved out and she liked the Harpactira pulchripes and Poecilotheria metallica. Her husband won't even look at pictures though. Geez. I think I'll put an exuvium in his bed tonight. See how he likes THAT.

Latest posts