• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Uncharacterisitic bad temper in my T???

Sabeth

3 Year Member
I haven't taken Lulu out for a while since I was away on a trip and was too busy several days before then to do it. I gave her a couple of crickets today, which she attacked with a vengeance. This evening after cleaning up the cage I stroked her with a paintbrush hoping she'd be up for some friendly interaction, but instead she gave me a rather unpleasant surprise by lunging at the brush and raising her forelegs in the air. In other words, "Back off!" Maybe it was because she hadn't been touched in awhile, or because she had just eaten a few hours ago?

She's been a bit skittish since her June molt but this defensive behavior is totally out of the ordinary for her...usually she is very docile and obliging. I'm just wondering, is it just a mood swing that she will snap out of, or could she be undergoing a complete attitude change? :( I've heard of Ts' personalities changing after a molt. I know I can't get an exact answer but any input helps. Thanks! :)

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
I have also heard that females are more apt to get moody as they go through molts and reach full maturity. Your right there is no exact answer. :( I hope your T bounces back to his/her old self, goodluck!! Give us a update if anything changes.

Sabeth

3 Year Member
Yes, she's a female. I guess we all get witchy sometimes. :p I had a mare once that could be a pain every now and then.

Well, I took her out yesterday and she was more laid-back. Although I'll admit, her behavior change has affected the calm demeanor I always had when I handled her. Now I'm expecting her to get mad at any moment, so my heart is all a-flutter...not a good thing! :oops: I swear she can sense when my adrenaline goes up. Thanks for the input, I'll just be extra cautious with her. ;)

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
Yes, she's a female. I guess we all get witchy sometimes. :p I had a mare once that could be a pain every now and then.

Well, I took her out yesterday and she was more laid-back. Although I'll admit, her behavior change has affected the calm demeanor I always had when I handled her. Now I'm expecting her to get mad at any moment, so my heart is all a-flutter...not a good thing! :oops: I swear she can sense when my adrenaline goes up. Thanks for the input, I'll just be extra cautious with her. ;)
A moody mare huh? Haha so did I and have ridden many as well!

Latest posts