• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Two T's go missing?

Roo

3 Year Member
Well this is weird. I went to check on the spiderlings and found two missing.. They couldn't have escaped as the air holes are far too small for them to get out. Not sure what to say really, it's a mystery.. They weren't hiding in the substrate either.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
how large? I lose my tiny Nhandu every other day, cant ever find a burrow but hes in there somewhere shows up when its hungry....

Roo

3 Year Member
how large? I lose my tiny Nhandu every other day, cant ever find a burrow but hes in there somewhere shows up when its hungry....

Oh still small, couldn't be more than a few CM. The holes were no where near big enough for them to get through and the lids were on. I went through the substrate several times and found nothing. It's a mystery o.o

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Could anyone have let them out when you weren't around, or even taken them? If you put sand around the floor against the skirting boards they may leave marks, might help you find them.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I just thought of this and its a horrid thought, there wasn't any way a mealworm or cricket got to them was there?

Roo

3 Year Member
Didn't you lose a centipede recently as well, Roo? You've got to tighten up those enclosures before you wake up with a few friends in your bed:D

Don't remind me :p ...

Never had an escape before and then suddenly three in one year. Assuming these were escapes and they didn't just die and quickly desiccate while I was away..

Roo

3 Year Member
... actually the mealworm thing got me thinking... They could have hidden inside a dead worm and I accidentally threw them out... I hope that's not the case D:

Latest posts