• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Trinidad Dwarf wont eat??

SorenExploren

Hi folks!
I've had this Trinidad dwarf tiger tarantula for around a year now, her name is Marmalade and when I first started keeping here she was a somewhat sluggish eater but eventually she got into the swing of things. The breeder I got her from told me that she was a fully mature female and when I got her she seemed fairly healthy, but now she just wont eat? Its been several months and I swear I've tried everything. I've tried feeding her dead prey, live very small crickets, ect, and she just wont eat. It's gotten to the point that her abdomen is concerningly small and she is always rather flighty when I do open up her enclosure to refill water or feed. I've done my research and I know these guys can be very skittish and frightened so I do everything I can to not stress her out, anyone have any advice? I attached a photo of her when I first got one I don't have any of her now

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240605_084618_Instagram.png
    Screenshot_20240605_084618_Instagram.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 11

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Cyriocosmus elegans are normally very good feeders. Have you checked for tibial hooks? As one very real possibility is. It's a mature male.